Crankshaft pulley flange

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crankshaft pulley flange

How far up does the crankshaft pulley flange mount on the end of the crank? On a 63 289 I am putting together, the belt pulley on the crank and water pump is off around 3/8" (belt won't line up) and I'm pretty sure I have all the right pulleys and spacers. Suspect the flange is not mounted far enough on the crankshaft but I can't find any info in the maintenence manual.
    64 Champ long bed V8
    55/53 Studebaker President S/R
    53 Hudson Super Wasp Coupe

If its a 63 the it should be a long snout crank. The hub should go on to where the crank will set in from the end of the hub just a little bit. Hope this helps.

Jake

-Home of John Studebaker-

Founded in 2002, Varozza 4x4 Outfitters has over 20 years of experience building and repairing Jeeps. We focus on stretching TJ's to LJ's on our custom jig, building custom suspension and manufacturing our vary own products to make your Jeep more capable than it has ever been. Located only 60 miles from the Rubicon Trail, we are a one stop shop to prepare your Jeep for any offroad terrain.

Comment

It goes on as far as it will go. the hub pushes up against the slinger which pushes against the cam gear which pushes against the thrust plate which seats against the shims that establish crankshaft end play. In other words, the hub goes on until it can't no more! And if you went thru the steps to set end play, and the hub won't go any further, then that's it.

Miscreant adrift in
      the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
      1960 Larkvertible V8
      1958 Provincial wagon
      1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Thanks !! good info.
        64 Champ long bed V8
        55/53 Studebaker President S/R
        53 Hudson Super Wasp Coupe

Comment

Working...
        X