This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speaking of Truck Prices......

[)]There is a little 6cyl Champ pickup on ebay right now that I thought I was interested in until I called the owner today. He's not a Stude guy and knew very little about the truck except for the fact that he paid $3500 for it and that's his reserve. He did tell me that the front fenders were rusty and that there was also some rust around the "main" window.....I don't know if he meant the windshield or the back glass. The thing that really swamped it for me was that he said some P.O. had "monkeyed" with the floorboards and smeared fiberglass all over them. I know, it's a shorty with the Stude bed....but to me, the rust and the 6cyl make it a $1200 truck. What do you guys think? Oh, he did say that he believes it has overdrive. Here's the ebay link: http://tinyurl.com/nyout

steve blake
    steve blake...roaming the Texas Panhandle in my trusty Champ pickup
    http://tinyurl.com/kr3gt

Best I know, if it's a 61, it should have the raised beltline mouldings on the front fenders like the '61 Larks did. Of course, fenders, mouldings - even the engine - could have been changed. Not an original radiator. [}]

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe
    1957 President 2-dr
    1955 President State
    1951 Champion Biz cpe
    1963 Daytona project FS
    No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Best I know, if it's a 61, it should have the raised beltline mouldings on the front fenders like the '61 Larks did. Of course, fenders, mouldings - even the engine - could have been changed. Not an original radiator. [}]

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
      1960 Larkvertible V8
      1958 Provincial wagon
      1953 Commander coupe
      1957 President 2-dr
      1955 President State
      1951 Champion Biz cpe
      1963 Daytona project FS
      No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Not a bad little truck. How about one with dual side mounts? It's missing the motor but has the tranny. It has a rusted out floor and the back window is broken. The local junk yard currently has it. I think it can be had for six to eight hundred with some sweet talking. There's other problems. The yard is in Redding CA, Gustafsons.
        As for the truck in the e-bay ad? Yeah, I have to agree with you Steve. Hope you get it. It's a nice truck.

Lotsa Larks!
        K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
        Ron Smith
        Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
        Ron Smith
        Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Not a bad little truck. How about one with dual side mounts? It's missing the motor but has the tranny. It has a rusted out floor and the back window is broken. The local junk yard currently has it. I think it can be had for six to eight hundred with some sweet talking. There's other problems. The yard is in Redding CA, Gustafsons.
          As for the truck in the e-bay ad? Yeah, I have to agree with you Steve. Hope you get it. It's a nice truck.

Lotsa Larks!
          Ron Smith
          Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
          Ron Smith
          Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

[)]No, I don't even want it at his reserve price. What about that one in Redding? Is the bed any good? That could be interesting. Do you know whether it's long or short wheelbase?

steve blake

Comment

[)]No, I don't even want it at his reserve price. What about that one in Redding? Is the bed any good? That could be interesting. Do you know whether it's long or short wheelbase?

steve blake

Comment

There are many non-original things on this truck, like the '61 engine change, and the chrome front panel parts like a T6 cab but non-sliding rear window like a T4, as the ad says: it's a 5E5(-112), (1960 flathead Champion engine truck) he just didn't know it's not a '61, maybe the title says year sold 1961. Of course it should say "year model" 1960, but who knows!
                That explains why Mr Biggs noticed the wrong (for'61) front fender mouldings. The doors or mouldings may be from a '59-'60 Lark, and I am sure the seat is, it has folding backs! (yeah I know, some Stude. employee ordered one with Lark seats, but probably not this one!) The best part of this truck is the bed, that's one of the best original short beds I've seen in a long time! Has a really cool original aftermarket step bumper. This is really not a bad little truck, I think it's worth $2500-3000, look for it to have it's reserve lowered.

quote:Originally posted by Mr.Biggs

Best I know, if it's a 61, it should have the raised beltline mouldings on the front fenders like the '61 Larks did. Of course, fenders, mouldings - even the engine - could have been changed. Not an original radiator. [}]Miscreant at large.
                StudeRich
                Studebakers Northwest
                Ferndale, WA
                StudeRich
                Second Generation Stude Driver,
                Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

There are many non-original things on this truck, like the '61 engine change, and the chrome front panel parts like a T6 cab but non-sliding rear window like a T4, as the ad says: it's a 5E5(-112), (1960 flathead Champion engine truck) he just didn't know it's not a '61, maybe the title says year sold 1961. Of course it should say "year model" 1960, but who knows!
                  That explains why Mr Biggs noticed the wrong (for'61) front fender mouldings. The doors or mouldings may be from a '59-'60 Lark, and I am sure the seat is, it has folding backs! (yeah I know, some Stude. employee ordered one with Lark seats, but probably not this one!) The best part of this truck is the bed, that's one of the best original short beds I've seen in a long time! Has a really cool original aftermarket step bumper. This is really not a bad little truck, I think it's worth $2500-3000, look for it to have it's reserve lowered.

quote:Originally posted by Mr.Biggs

Best I know, if it's a 61, it should have the raised beltline mouldings on the front fenders like the '61 Larks did. Of course, fenders, mouldings - even the engine - could have been changed. Not an original radiator. [}]Miscreant at large.
                  StudeRich
                  Studebakers Northwest
                  Ferndale, WA
                  StudeRich
                  SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

[)]I agree, Rich. The bed is what drew my attention in the first place. I can't see the pictures of the interior good enough, but do you see a floor shift??

steve blake

Comment

[)]I agree, Rich. The bed is what drew my attention in the first place. I can't see the pictures of the interior good enough, but do you see a floor shift??

steve blake

Comment

YES, it's a conversion kit, not a top shifter! And he does not say in the ad that this is a short bed and that it has O.D., but if you look close enough at the poor pics you can tell that it is a 112WB! I talked to him, since it is within "Transtar range" of here![^] It would make a nice V-8, but I like to start a little lower$ on a "needs everything" truck!

quote:Originally posted by arkiejazz

steve blake
                        StudeRich
                        Studebakers Northwest
                        Ferndale, WA
                        StudeRich
                        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

YES, it's a conversion kit, not a top shifter! And he does not say in the ad that this is a short bed and that it has O.D., but if you look close enough at the poor pics you can tell that it is a 112WB! I talked to him, since it is within "Transtar range" of here![^] It would make a nice V-8, but I like to start a little lower$ on a "needs everything" truck!

quote:Originally posted by arkiejazz

steve blake
                          StudeRich
                          Studebakers Northwest
                          Ferndale, WA
                          StudeRich
                          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

BTW, that rear bumper is original equipment.

Comment

BTW, that rear bumper is original equipment.

Comment

Working...
                              X