Restoration Services Available in Your Area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Restoration Services Available in Your Area

How does the idea of a traveling Stude restorer sound to you? Rather than shipping your car across country to have it worked on, I will come to your area to do the work for you.

I'm lining up jobs for summer and winter 2010 - will travel to your location to do your restoration. I'm available to do larger jobs - partial and full restorations.

Many of the cars I've worked on have placed (398 points out of possible 400) in national car competitions, including SDC shows. I do quality, attention to detail work and can provide first-rate references. Please see my website for info about cars I have worked on: http://auto-alchemy.com

If you have adequate garage space, I can do much of your work on-site or I will locally rent garage work space to do your job. I can make arrangements for and provide quality control for any portion of the restoration work that is jobbed out in your locale, such as frame off media blasting, upholstery, machining services.

If you're interested, call or email and let's discuss your project.

Bez Auto Alchemy
    573-242-3530

Blogger is a blog publishing tool from Google for easily sharing your thoughts with the world. Blogger makes it simple to post text, photos and video onto your personal or team blog.

Bez Auto Alchemy
    573-318-8948
    http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Wow, definitely a novel concept! I've never heard it tried before quite like this. Bravo for being innovative!

How will you do it- travel with a camper and your own tools? And, how will you address issues like decent air compressors, lift, paint booth?

The Lincoln world has a guy by the name of John Cashman. John travels around the country working on mostly slabsides (61-67), specializing in electrics. These cars have a VERY complicated power tops and other systems, plus vacuum door locks and climate controls. John drives a big motor home with an enclosed trailer with his tools and an assortment of the most-needed but unavailable parts. You can call his cell and make an appointment. I believe he was only charging $95/hr. which is a bargain since you only pay for actual repair time- he knows the cars so well his diagnosis time is almost nothing. He comes to your garage (or driveway) and does the work. He does not eat or use any phones when he's on the clock, and gets right after it.

A couple times a year he sets up a loop around the country. Folks can schedule ahead or call while he's on the road. Many have used his services and rave about him; he is very highly regarded in the Lincoln world. The difference from you is he doesn't do body/paint or drivetrain; but the systems give him all the work he can handle, since very few people know how to work on them at all, let alone come to your shop. Your situation has a few more hurdles to overcome.

Best of luck on your new idea. Hope it works out for you- you could be the John Cashman of the Stude world![8D]

Robert (Bob) Andrews- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys)
    Parish, central NY 13131

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

Ha Bob! My wife says I have plenty of compressed (hot) air to do the job.

Yes, how and what you've described that Mr.Cashman does is fairly close to what I'll be doing. RV-ing from location to location with tool trailer and my own compressor.

You could call this early working retirement doing what I like to do - old car restoration and visiting new places. I want to see more of the world before I'm too old to enjoy traveling or too decrepit.

I like Cashman's idea of doing a job scheduled drive loop. Good idea. If you've got a project going that you need some help with - give me a call

Bez Auto Alchemy
      573-242-3530

Blogger is a blog publishing tool from Google for easily sharing your thoughts with the world. Blogger makes it simple to post text, photos and video onto your personal or team blog.

Bez Auto Alchemy
      573-318-8948

Comment

Bez,

Sounds like a great idea. It would have been fun if I had known you were out there when I was researching someone to do my restoration, although I must say Mike Myers is doing a great job. I'll be traveling to Ohio in April to attend their Tech Meet and to see my car, it should be getting close to going back together at that point.

Let's see if I was to buy another Studebaker say a Hawk or GT Hawk, you could come to Oklahoma and do that for me. Of course if we start on that too soon after finishing the Avanti my wife will, be a bit furious. She never opens bills when they come in the mail and just gives them to me, but it seems she never misses my monthly invoices from Myer's Studebaker. They are always slit open and have been looked at, with a usual "How much are you spending on that car again?" comment. I just tell her "its cheaper than buying a new sports car than comes with optional young blonde and divorce payments"

John

63R-2386 under restoration & modification
        sigpic
        John
        63R-2386
        Resto-Mod by Michael Myer

Comment

Bez, if you want to see John's site, take a look:

Welcome to Convertible Lincolns. Where all 61-67 Lincolns, sedans and coupes are equally welcome. Convertible Lincolns performs repair and restoration from bumper to bumper. Whether it be cosmetic, engine, suspension, A/C, interior, or convertible top repair or top installation,

Might even give him a call for advice.

Robert (Bob) Andrews- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys)
          Parish, central NY 13131

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

quote:Originally posted by okc63Avanti

She never opens bills when they come in the mail and just gives them to me, but it seems she never misses my monthly invoices from Myer's Studebaker. They are always slit open and have been looked at, with a usual "How much are you spending on that car again?"
            John

I'll bet there are copies and when the next furniture or remodel activity emerges the cost will be amazingly close to the total. It would here.

Bob

Comment

quote:Originally posted by sweetolbob

quote:Originally posted by okc63Avanti

She never opens bills when they come in the mail and just gives them to me, but it seems she never misses my monthly invoices from Myer's Studebaker. They are always slit open and have been looked at, with a usual "How much are you spending on that car again?"
              John

I'll bet there are copies and when the next furniture or remodel activity emerges the cost will be amazingly close to the total. It would here.

Bob

Been there and done that too! You are right they not only match what I'll spend on the Avanti but will easily exceed the cost !!!

John

63R-2386 under restoration & modification
              sigpic
              John
              63R-2386
              Resto-Mod by Michael Myer

Comment

quote:Originally posted by okc63avanti
                She never opens bills when they come in the mail and just gives them to me, but it seems she never misses my monthly invoices from Myer's Studebaker.
                You're BUSTED!!![:0]
                My wife never asks.

63 Avanti R1 2788
                1914 Stutz Bearcat
                (George Barris replica)

Washington State
                63 Avanti R1 2788
                1914 Stutz Bearcat
                (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

Guess I'm lucky. My wife says go for it, fix that car up, get whatever parts you need.

However, she's usually talking about the Stude that's titled in her name. [xx(][xx(]

Bez Auto Alchemy
                  573-242-3530

Bez Auto Alchemy
                  573-318-8948

Comment

There is person in my area that comes to me and anyone else that needs him to do electric work has his van packed with every thing he needs and is in and out before you know it, he knows what it takes and gets it done and a super guy to know name is Danial Stone, and he doesn't care what kind of car or truck he works on, just a wizz at what he does....Bob

Bob Peterson / C & B Studebakers

Castro Valley, CA
                    canbstudebakers-
                    Candbstudebakers
                    Castro Valley,
                    California

Comment

In north Texas, north of the Dallas, Fort Worth metroplex, close to interstates. I have a 30 x 40 concrete floor, insulated barn. 12 foot industrial flourescents, 100 amp 220 service, 3 ton chain hoist on 20 foot run trolly. I would be interested in a barter, you can use the barn in exchange for some work on my R2.

Terry, North Texas
                      1963 Avanti R2, 63SR1065
                      (in stage 1 resto "Project A")
                      This website is for sale! sterkel.org is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, sterkel.org has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

1985 Kubota L2202(Diesel)
                      1999 Toyota rice burner
                      1986 Ford 150 Long Bed

New resolution.
                      I will continue to respond, to the best of my ability, to any query,
                      challenge or alternative view relevant to my original post.
                      I will not respond to anything off (the original) topic...

Comment

also have 30 gallon air compressor.
                        quote:Originally posted by 63Avanti

In north Texas, north of the Dallas, Fort Worth metroplex, close to interstates. I have a 30 x 40 concrete floor, insulated barn. 12 foot industrial flourescents, 100 amp 220 service, 3 ton chain hoist on 20 foot run trolly. I would be interested in a barter, you can use the barn in exchange for some work on my R2.

Terry, North Texas
                        1963 Avanti R2, 63SR1065
                        This website is for sale! sterkel.org is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, sterkel.org has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

1999 Toyota rice burner
                        1986 Ford 150 Long Bed

New resolution.

Terry, North Texas
                        1963 Avanti R2, 63SR1065

1999 Toyota rice burner
                        1986 Ford 150 Long Bed

New resolution.

Comment

bezhawk, would you consider doing a pre-purchase inspection if the unit was in you flight path?

Comment

I would gladly do inspection services and the like. However when I get up and running, I will need to make more than just living expenses and travell costs[B)].
                            At this point it will be later summer before plans can be fully implemented.
                            It can't hurt to talk and lets see what can be done.
                            Wife and pets are part of the entourage, so she has to do her business also.
                            久久无码高清,在线观看ā片,久久久综合九色综合,国产精品美女久久久久久2021

I also have to do some metal work for her.

Bez Auto Alchemy
                            573-242-3530

Bez Auto Alchemy
                            573-318-8948

Comment

Working...
                            X