Used goods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Used goods

My wife & I have both been married before for short while,we had both "made mistakes"that involved children,but things worked out for them & us.It's going on 40 years for us & looks like it's going to continue.Happy Valentines day to all & especially my patient wife.
    I think this should be in Stove Hugger section

Tried to put this as a reply to VALENTINES STORY post but it ended up as new,how do I change it ?

Comment

I have been married to my 1st wife(haven't found the 2nd one yet)for 40+ years. I concur with the Elvis song that says "Regrets? I'v had afew,but then, too few to mention" Edie has been my valentine since 1968. I once made the statement." I married a little teenaged girl once, but I'll NEVER do that again!" and I stand by that. This year to express how much I care for her,I bought her a new set of Chrome Oil caps for her GT Hawk. NT

Neil Thornton
      Hazlehurst, GA
      '57 Silver Hawk
      '56 Sky Hawk
      '51 2R16 dump truck
      Many others.

Neil Thornton

Comment

quote: This year to express how much I care for her,I bought her a new set of Chrome Oil caps for her GT Hawk. NT
        Did they get there in time?

Jerry Forrester
        Forrester's Chrome
        Douglasville, Georgia
        Jerry Forrester
        Forrester's Chrome
        Douglasville, Georgia

See all of Buttercup's pictures at https://imgur.com/a/tBjGzTk

Comment

Neil, you always crack me up. Good man, buying some bling for today...those will last, at least. Mine got flowers that will eventually die and candy that will surely be eaten!

Comment

My Linda was a hot 18 YO cheerleader when I met her, which of course I liked. But when I got to know the person inside my goal became how to keep her around. That was 25 years ago, and the challenge continues since she's aged well, as beautiful as ever[^] And, still puts up with this Type A PITA, through the decades of racing, crashes/injury, business ups and downs, our son's illness, old cars, and all my other nonsense. Best I could come up with was flowers, candy, and dinner... and she's happy with that! She's my greatest blessing- way beyond what I deserve[^]

Robert (Bob) Andrews- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys)
            Parish, central NY 13131

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

quote:Originally posted by barnlark

Neil, you always crack me up. Good man, buying some bling for today...those will last, at least. Mine got flowers that will eventually die and candy that will surely be eaten!
              That's nothin' new. One year she got a new set of Avanti wheelcovers for Christmas.

Comment

Met my wonderful bride while we were both working at Sears after school. That was Christmas of '65, we married in spring of '68. Had a Black '59 Silver Hawk 4-spd, but was forced to sell it to buy something she could drive. Had major Stude-withdrawal attacks, and in short order had another, then another.....you get the picture. She became as addicted as I was, and still is, almost 42 years, one son, 9 Studebakers (and holding). What's not to like (love) about that arrangement! MAJOR happy valentines to her.

Dan Miller
                Auburn, GA

[img=left]http://static.flickr.com/57/228744729_7aff5f0118_m.jpg[/img=left]
                Road Racers turn left AND right.

Comment

My lovely wife and I married in June, 1960. She has always liked antiques...now she has me and the Studebaker Avanti along with her other items! I am very thankful for her presence in my life, as I know how fortunate I am. Each day we are granted is a blessing.

I read a humorous short joke which I will post on Stovehuggers.

"It's like deja vu all over again."--Yogi Berra
                  "Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional." author unknown

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Jerry Forrester

quote: This year to express how much I care for her,I bought her a new set of Chrome Oil caps for her GT Hawk. NT
                    Did they get there in time? Just right Jerry. I taped them to a heart shaped box of candy and took them to her at work This morning. Along with a rose. She was the hit of the nurse's station.

You might be a REDNECK if you get your wife car parts for Valentines day. SHE might be a REDNECK if that's what she wanted. NT

Jerry Forrester
                    Forrester's Chrome
                    Douglasville, Georgia

Neil Thornton
                    Hazlehurst, GA
                    '57 Silver Hawk
                    '56 Sky Hawk
                    '51 2R16 dump truck
                    Many others.

Neil Thornton

Comment

Working...