Interesting Find

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting Find

As most of you know, sometimes the best part of buying a new Studebaker is the treasure hunt of going through all of the stuff that comes along in/with the car! While we were going through the paperwork that came with the wagon, we found this old Studebaker International catalog from 2004 (Catalog #2005). Page 118 was marked with a sticky note, so we peeked inside to see what the previous owner had found worth making note of. The picture on the bottom had the caption, "Andy Granatelli, left, works with three Studebaker-STP Specials crew members making final preparations for the Indianapolis 500 mile race." Our catalog appears to have been signed by Andy Granatelli, dated 9-4-04. We're not sure whether this is an actual signature or was part of the catalog (can anyone answer this for us?), but thought it was a fascinating find! Here are some pictures of the catalog pages:

John and Tracy Smith
    Queen Creek Arizona

[IMG]

Which cover Car/Photo does that Catalog have?

StudeRich
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

John and Tracy Smith
      Queen Creek Arizona

[IMG]

Comment

My copy doesn't have any writing on it.....

Great find.

[img=left]http://www.alink.com/personal/tbredehoft/Avatar1.jpg[/img=left]
        Tom Bredehoft
        '53 Commander Coupe (since 1959)
        '55 President (6H Y6) State Sedan
        ....On the road, again....
        '05 Legacy Ltd Wagon
        All Indiana built cars

Comment

OK, Tracy and John, I found it and I also agree with Tom, that your signature IS for real! []

Score! [^]

Whether or not that is Mr. Granatelli's signature, that's another thing, maybe it is one of the Crew.

StudeRich
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner
          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

The first name in the signature COULD be Andy, but even if I squint real hard, I can't make the last name into Granatelli. (but then my signature doesn't look anything like my name either ).

Here's another reported to be his signature...

One more...

Dick Steinkamp
            Bellingham, WA

Dick Steinkamp
            Bellingham, WA

Comment

My gut feeling says that's the real thing.

Joseph R. Zeiger
              Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

We've been in touch with the previous owner and will ask him if he can give us more information on the signature. In any case, we'll ask if he'd like his signed copy back. Thanks, everyone...we'll keep you posted with what we find out.

John and Tracy Smith
                Queen Creek Arizona

[IMG]

Comment

You need to look at this previous post:

I know this is Andy's actual signature since I was sitting next to him when he signed it.

Richard Quinn
                  Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review
                  Richard Quinn
                  Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Comment

I will confirm it to be Andy's signature as well. He and Vince recently signed a few copies of the December Hemmings Muscle magazine for me. We will be offering them at a silent auction in Glendale. Vince will be the keynote speaker at the AOAI Banquet June 3 in Glendale.

Denny L

Comment

Working...
                    X