PDA

View Full Version : 2010 Florida State Meet date announced

mbstude
02-12-2010, 10:15 AM
October 22-24, 2010. Meet will be hosted by a fairly new chapter in SDC, the Big Bend Chapter. The meet will be somewhere in the Tallahassee area. The exact location is still being finalized. The hotel "in the lead" right now is out of town and rather rural. http://www.innatwildwood.com/ This means away from the Tallahassee traffic.

This is looking to be a nice, laid back meet. Stephen Cade and myself are in charge of the judging. We'll likely be doing "drive through judging".

Sunday offers a couple of neat events for those still around. Wakulla Springs isn't far away and is quite beautiful. The St. Marks Lighthouse. (I've taken some nice Stude pics there). There's also the newly-built Tallahassee Auto Museum. One could spend an entire day in there and still not see everything. Well worth the visit.

Also. Harry Barnes' former '38 Commander will be out and about and driving around. This will be the first time this car has attended an SDC meet in decades. (Likely the first time since Harry owned it).

So come on down for a nice get together and have some relaxed Stude fun.

Once things are more finalized I'll be doing a write up in TW as well.

rockinhawk
02-12-2010, 01:30 PM
The info I got last week said Ramada Inn Conference Center.
Has that been changed? If so, Dave should be notified before it's published. NT

Neil Thornton
Hazlehurst, GA
'57 Silver Hawk
'56 Sky Hawk
'51 2R16 dump truck
Many others.
http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j209/mbstude/avatar2.jpg

mbstude
02-12-2010, 01:33 PM
They threw out the Ramada. George said the faculty there was slim and the place was bad off financially. There were other issues with it as well.

I emailed Dave to make sure he had that info.

studegary
02-12-2010, 03:20 PM
quote:Originally posted by mbstude

They threw out the Ramada. George said the faculty there was slim

I am sorry, but I do not understand the meaning of this statement.

I have driven down to several Florida State Meets and enjoyed them. I like it when I can stop at Chester's meet in VA when traveling one way or the other. There is an extra week between them this year.

Gary L.
Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
Studebaker enthusiast much longer

mbstude
02-12-2010, 03:28 PM
The Ramada was the hotel of choice until closer inspection. The place looked good at first. But it seems as though they aren't capable of supporting a car show.

It'd be good to see you there Gary. Haven't seen you since South Bend '07.

studegary
02-12-2010, 03:36 PM

It'd be good to see you there Gary. Haven't seen you since South Bend '07.

You have to get out more <G>. Does this mean that you won't be in Arizona at the SDC International?

Gary L.
Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

mbstude
02-12-2010, 03:42 PM
I might be able to fly to the AZ meet. Won't know until it gets a bit closer.

black56hawk
02-12-2010, 09:46 PM

We'll likely be doing "drive through judging".

I vote for "drive by judging," as in you all set up by the side of the road and I'll drive by in my Hawk at 50 mph. :)

PS: Will there be an award for "best hood"?

mbstude
02-12-2010, 09:49 PM
I dunno about "best hood". But I know who will get "hood that cost more than the car cost new" award.

Nelsen Motorsports
02-12-2010, 09:49 PM
Wow! great timing. Two days after I can get my real liscense!

http://i558.photobucket.com/albums/ss29/NelsenRacing/n1558086144_30050401_419-1.jpg
Alex Nelsen, 15 year old Studebaker nut.
1954 Champion Coupe
Lizella, GA

studegary
02-13-2010, 04:45 PM

The Ramada was the hotel of choice until closer inspection. The place looked good at first. But it seems as though they aren't capable of supporting a car show.

Now I get it. By "faculty" you meant facility. By "slim" you meant not suitable.

Gary L.
Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968