Remove a dent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remove a dent

Anyone ever try this on a Studebaker? Not sure i'd try it on a good paint job. There are several different ways to remove a dent, bunch of them on Youtube
    here's 1

101st Airborne Div. 326 Engineers Ft Campbell Ky.

I've seen this type of dent repair posted here before. I wanted to give it a whirl but couldn't find a source for the liquid CO2.

If anyone has any suggestions where one can find a can of this stuff, I'd still like to see how well it works, if indeed it does!

Looks interesting!

Scott

Comment

I'm pretty sure that you need the thin sheetmetal of today's cars for this to work.

--george

1963 Lark Daytona HT - 63V J8 175
      53-54 C/Ks, 55 Speedsters, 63 Daytonas, Wagonaires Registries

1963 Lark Daytona HT - 63V J8 175

Comment

That was a miracle. jimmijim

Stude Junkie+++++++Do it right the f$$$$ Time. Never mind. Just do it right. When youre done your done. You'll know it.
        sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

Some dude was on the other side pushing it out...

Ted
          '57 Champion

Comment

Snake oil salesman!

Jim
            "We can't all be Heroes, Some us just need to stand on the curb and clap as they go by" Will Rogers

We will provide the curb for you to stand on and clap!

Indy Honor Flight www.IndyHonorFlight.org

As of Veterans Day 2017, IHF has flown 2,450 WWII, Korean, and Vietnam Veterans to Washington DC at NO charge! to see
            their Memorials!

Comment

quote:Originally posted by 52 Ragtop

Snake oil salesman!

Jim
              Come on Jim, isn't that the way you do it?

Joe Roberts
              '61 R1 Champ
              '65 Cruiser
              Editor of "The Down Easterner"
              Eastern North Carolina Chapter
              Joe Roberts
              '61 R1 Champ
              '65 Cruiser
              Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

I have removed small dents in modern cars using dry ice. try it on a beater first before uou do it to anything nice. I have an old '61 Lark door with a deer dent I may try just to see if it works with older thicker metal.
                Jim

Comment

It does not work on Studebakers, BTDT. Sheet metal is too thick.

JDP/Maryland
                  JDP Maryland

Comment

I used my former mother-in-law on Studebaker steel. Colder than dry ice.

Comment

[quote]Originally posted by s2dwagon

I've seen this type of dent repair posted here before. I wanted to give it a whirl but couldn't find a source for the liquid CO2.

If anyone has any suggestions where one can find a can of this stuff, I'd still like to see how well it works, if indeed it does!

Looks interesting!

Scott
                      [/quote You asked for it so I have an answer. There is a product on the market called Poop Freeze. It is a registered trade name. All it is is CO 2 in a spray can. It makes the task of picking up soft dog poop much easier. About 10 dollars a can depending where you buy it but if it will popout even one dent it is a pretty good deal for the money. Dan ------ Do a google search or try e-bay. Poopasaurus

Comment

Seriously, how long can this go on?

Comment

For liquid c02 get a bottle from our local welding supply and use it upside down.

(carefully)

Dean.

Comment

When my truck suffered from some hail damage a number of years ago, I tried the "hot day/dry ice" method. On a real hot sunny day get the surface as hot as possible, then put a little dry ice on the dimple. My bigger dents turned into small dents I could live with and the smaller dimples disappeared. Your results may vary.

BShaw, Webmaster
                            webmaster@studebakerdriversclub.com
                            Woodbury, Minnesota
                            sigpic
                            Bob Shaw
                            Rush City, Minnesota
                            1960 Hawk - www.northstarstudebakers.com
                            "The farther I go, the behinder I get."

Comment

Working...
                            X