WEB SITE FREEZE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WEB SITE FREEZE

Is anyone else besides me having page loading issues ?...It seams like I can log on and browse the forum looking at a few post and then when i go to look at another one I am unable to unless i close out the web site and log back on...I really enjoy the site and am not able to look at as many post as I would like do to this problem...any suggestions ?...john

quote:Originally posted by zoegrant

Is anyone else besides me having page loading issues ?...It seams like I can log on and browse the forum looking at a few post and then when i go to look at another one I am unable to unless i close out the web site and log back on...I really enjoy the site and am not able to look at as many post as I would like do to this problem...any suggestions ?...john
    This has been a constant problem for many months. It would be nice if it was fixed. I get regular timeout issues.

Chip
    '63 Cruiser daily driver
    '57 Packard wagon on the road!
    Chip
    '63 Cruiser
    '57 Packard wagon
    '61 Lark Regal 4 dr wagon
    '50 Commander 4 dr sedan

Comment

Yes John, it's an ongoing issue. Our webmaster and the Club are said to be working on a solution; a big problem is how to fix it without losing all the archived stuff...

Robert (Bob) Andrews- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys)
      Parish, central NY 13131

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

Our long-suffering webmaster Bob Shaw is aware of these problems and actively looking for a way to get them corrected without having to move the whole sheebang to a new server and rebuild every thread from scratch.

Please take a moment to scroll down in the "Forums" list to the set titled "SDC and Forum Discussions" and review the threads you'll find there. Here's a direct link to the one you'll probably find most helpful: http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...TOPIC_ID=36792

Our online presence is a lot like our cars: they take some getting used to and have their quirks but they always get us where we want to go eventually.

Keoni Dibelka / HiloFoto
        In Hawai'i; on Hawai'i; on the Windward Side
        If da salt air never chew 'em up bumbye da lava will...

Comment

For a long time I didn't know what the fuss was about, but now I'm starting to see them.

Stu K

'63 Lark Regal, "Miss Rose"

Comment

Some days I just want to scream - but other days it's right as rain.

Chris Pile
            The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

The way I deal with this intermittent problem is, when making a new post to an existing topic, IF I should get the "500 Server Error" message when clicking "Post", I just click the "BACK" button to go back to to my Post, I highlight my complete text and click "Control" & "C" to copy what I have created BEFORE clicking on the topic header to see if my post is there, it has ALWAYS BEEN THERE! But during the short few SECONDS downtime, probably while someone was posting and overloaded the server, if my new post was lost, I can simply start over and hit "Control" "V" to paste it all back in complete with the questioning person's italicized Quote and move on. [^]

This has prevented me from almost never double posting, and the couple times that I did, back before the latest "system "FIX", "500 Server Error" system started, I simply just immediately deleted the second one. [^]

I have never had to close the complete program (website) ever! [:0]

StudeRich
              StudeRich
              Second Generation Stude Driver,
              Proud '54 Starliner Owner
              SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I thought it was just me, & my computer. It happened a few hours ago and I thought something was wrong with my computer.
                I feel better now.
                Rog

'59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
                Smithtown,NY
                Long Island Studebaker Club
                '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
                Smithtown,NY
                Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

It happens to me a lot. When it does I just go to the bathroom and take a crap. Lately, it has been happening so frequently that my hemorrhoids are starting to multiply. I hate when that happens. I hope the forum gets fixed before I have a full blown attack. "Pooping with Much Pain" Maybe I should just get some stool softener or else try some WD-40. Any Ideas? Dan

Comment

I think maybe, you are just too full of Poop!

StudeRich
                    StudeRich
                    Second Generation Stude Driver,
                    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Dan, I would just od on some fiber pills.

Joseph R. Zeiger
                      Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

You are not alone. For me it really started getting slow and with the dreaded "500 server error" about mid November and continues. It's particularly bad from about 6:00pm to 9 or 10:00pm west coast time. Most evenings now I just give up and go watch TV or read. Not really complaining, because it means we have more and more new members using the Forum and this is a good thing. It will get fixed.

Dean

CLEM DESEE MISTY
                        Dean

CLEM

Comment

I just posted a reply on this topic and it didn't get on the index but shows on the thread, weird.

Dean

CLEM DESEE MISTY
                          Dean

CLEM

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Clem64

I just posted a reply on this topic and it didn't get on the index but shows on the thread, weird.

Dean

CLEM DESEE MISTY
                            This happens to me frequently. There are times when I click on "Post New Reply" nothing happens and the "button" I clicked on lightens but never darkens back up, almost like it is stuck. When I go back through the system by going to the forum link, I find my post is there, but not indicated on the index. Gets very frustrating at times.

Joe Roberts
                            '61 R1 Champ
                            '65 Cruiser
                            Editor of "The Down Easterner"
                            Eastern North Carolina Chapter
                            Joe Roberts
                            '61 R1 Champ
                            '65 Cruiser
                            Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

Maybe you need to smile and say Studebaker lives on. Then maybe the site will treat you better. For the record it has never happened to me. Guess I am just lucky.
                              Stu Chapman

Comment

Working...
                              X