Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Site Closing

Ladies and Gentlemen,

It pains me to have to do this but I am closing Automotive History Online and the Studebaker Dealers List. I was just looking over the original thread, it's a massive amount of truely great information. I have gotten to much hate mail and with a series of what some would call just bad luck I've decided it will be easier to just pull it down now while I can still think of it in a positive way.

I appreciate all the great pictures everyone shared and the endless names that are still stuffing my mail box. I thank you all. I will link the Studebaker section for any that might want to copy any or all of the pictures I have left up. Some pages are already gone as well as the home page so navigating will be a little tough. My e-mail is still open so If you can't find something I'll do what I can to help you out.

Regards,
    Randy_G

This website is for sale! automotivehistoryonline.com is your first and best source for information about automotivehistoryonline. Here you will also find topics relating to issues of general interest. We hope you find what you are looking for!

UPDATE: It seems I made it appear that the hate mail was directed towards the dealer listing, it was not. It was directed at other sections of the site. I hope this clears it up a bit and thanks for all the kind words.

Thank you, Randy, for sharing your endeavor with us as long as you did.

I can't, for the life of me, imagine why anyone would be so bothered with your own project to send hate mail instead of logging on somewhere else or doing their own research.

Your site has provided me with hours of enjoyment and I wish you well.

Andy
    62 GT

Andy
    62 GT

Comment

Andy,

It's been a great site, and I have really enjoyed it. It will be missed.

Bob

Robert L. Hutchins

Comment

Randy,

I will miss your site - its been wonderfully infomative. Thanks for the effort. Have thought seeing if there is someone else willing to take it on?

Stu K

'63 Lark Regal, "Miss Rose"

Comment

Regarding the dealer's list, I think we did ourselves a huge favor by adding to the list, in particular on the other thread over the past few years . It was a very commendable achievement no doubt. The only thing I'm wondering is, will the list continue to be added to, because it would be wonderful recordkeeping to hang onto this now massive directory of Studebaker dealers, and it'd be a shame if the dealer's list just stopped .

I think we did a great service, not just on the forum but the website, hopefully we can repost the dealer's list on a public webpage again in the future .

[IMG=left]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/55%20Studebaker%20Commander%20Streetrod%20Project/P1010531-1.jpg[/IMG=left]
          [IMG=left]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/55%20Studebaker%20Commander%20Streetrod%20Project/P1010550-1.jpg[/IMG=left]
          [IMG=right]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/Ex%20Studebaker%20Plant%20Locomotive/P1000578-1.jpg[/IMG=right]
          [IMG=right]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/My%201964%20Studebaker%20Commander%20R2/P1010168.jpg[/IMG=right]

1964 Studebaker Commander R2 clone
          1963 Studebaker Daytona Hardtop with no engine or transmission
          1950 Studebaker 2R5 w/170 six cylinder and 3spd OD
          1955 Studebaker Commander Hardtop w/289 and 3spd OD and Megasquirt port fuel injection(among other things)

Comment

Amazing, isn't it, how no good deed goes unpunished?

I've always enjoyed AHO and am sad to see it go. Thank you for all the effort; sorry it had to end this way.

Best of luck.

Keoni Dibelka / HiloFoto
            In Hawai'i; on Hawai'i; on the Windward Side
            If da salt air never chew 'em up bumbye da lava will...

Comment

I for one enjoyed your site. Thank You

Tom

sigpic

Comment

My first time there. Sorry I was not aware. I thought I knew everything. jimmijim

Stude Junkie+++++++Do it right the f$$$$ Time. Never mind. Just do it right. When youre done your done. You'll know it.
                sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

Oh Nooooo! Please don't go!!! The hell with the Hate Mail!!!! Your site is very valuable to us!!! The more "Stuff" that keeps the "History" alive the better!! We thank and apporeciate you for your efforts--- Don't give in to those few "Crazys", Those kind of people gloat at takeing down some one or something nice---- Keep at it!!! You've got our support here in Maine/ Land of the Frozen Fins!! As Always,Frankie

Comment

Randy,
                    I can't believe that you've gotten hate mail for the dealer's list and automotive history.
                    It's a strange world we live in.
                    Anyway, thank you for all your work on the site. I know that it's a difficult endeavor to run any kind of site on the web.

Rog

'59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
                    Smithtown,NY
                    Long Island Studebaker Club
                    '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
                    Smithtown,NY
                    Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

Randy...what is the hate mail about ?...

Comment

Just remove the dealer list[?] Or something[?] This is a vaulable web site and I just flat out hate to see it go.

Chris Dresbach

Chris Dresbach

Comment

I visited the site often. I can't image getting hate mail about a dealers list.
                          Thank you so much for doing the job you did with the list.

Gary Sanders
                          Nixa, MO
                          President Toy Studebaker Collectors Club. Have an interest in Toy Studebakers? Contact me for details.
                          Gary Sanders
                          Nixa, MO

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Randy_G

Ladies and Gentlemen,

It pains me to have to do this but I am closing Automotive History Online and the Studebaker Dealers List. I was just looking over the original thread, it's a massive amount of truely great information. I have gotten to much hate mail and with a series of what some would call just bad luck I've decided it will be easier to just pull it down now while I can still think of it in a positive way.

I appreciate all the great pictures everyone shared and the endless names that are still stuffing my mail box. I thank you all. I will link the Studebaker section for any that might want to copy any or all of the pictures I have left up. Some pages are already gone as well as the home page so navigating will be a little tough. My e-mail is still open so If you can't find something I'll do what I can to help you out.

Regards,
                            Randy_G

This website is for sale! automotivehistoryonline.com is your first and best source for information about automotivehistoryonline. Here you will also find topics relating to issues of general interest. We hope you find what you are looking for!
                            I loved the site, and hate to see something this good, go away because of the willfully stupid. But sometimes the hate babble just gets to be more than one needs in life. I hope you change your mind. If not be assured that your hard work was much appreciated and enjoyed by the majority.

Comment

I too have loved the site. did you end up with some kind of a hacking problem or black listing because of some hacker?

A lot of us involved with Studebakers are very much into the history. It seems as though something could be done to preserve the data in some reasonably permanent form, though I guess a lot will stay on the main thread here in the forum. It's one of the most long-lived and interesting threads of all.

MANY THANKS Randy for all the labor of love you put into this.

Gene Nagle
                              1963 Hawk R1
                              Gene Nagle
                              1963 Hawk R1
                              1985 Avanti

Comment

Working...
                              X