monday retrobaker 061

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• monday retrobaker 061

As I sit here in study hall I need something to doodle on, oh this might do the trick. This was an advert for Hooker Headers showing which cars they did not built headers for. Kinda cools 70's style pop art. Exactly how many Studes are in here, I know 3 for sure, but don't know if there is a 52 beside the bullet-nose or a 57 second from the right on bottom row.

54 Champ C5 Hamilton car. In my family since 1958.
    sigpic
    1954 C5 Hamilton car.

I counted 5!!

George
    Grants Pass, Oregon
    64 Station Wagon with fixed roof (Canadian Car)

64 Wagonaire sliding roof South Bend car.

63 GT Hawk

51 Champion Starlight Coupe
    George King
    Grants Pass, Oregon
    64 Station Wagon with fixed roof (Canadian Car)

66 Station Wagon with fixed roof. Project car, complete For Sale...

64 Wagonaire sliding roof South Bend car. For Sale...

63 GT Hawk

51 Champion Starlight Coupe For Sale...

Comment

First thing that jumped out to me was that familiar Lark mug! And right next to it...do I see a 57 or 56 hudson??

1963 Lark, 259 V8, two-tone paint, Twin Traction.

Comment

I remember that ad well from when it was new. It generated some anger from the owners of cars like those pictured.
        Second from the left next to the 53 Henry J that looks like it is falling off is a 52 Champion next to a 50. In the same row 3rd from the right is a generic Lark next to a Hawk. 2nd from the right on the bottom is a 57 sedan.

"In the heart of Arkansas."
        1952 Champion Starlight w/overdrive. Searcy, Arkansas
        Searcy, Arkansas
        1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
        1952 2R pickup

Comment

Get your mind out of the gutter son.
          Unless you are in an autobody class you need to re focus on your work!

Just kiddin, If I were you I would be doing the same thing.

Dean.

Comment

Actually Dean many accuse me of having my mind in the gutter, but it's not really a problem in study hall as I'm the supervising teacher today. Junior

54 Champ C5 Hamilton car. In my family since 1958.
            sigpic
            1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

Sounds vaguely familiar when I did substitute and student teaching and I brought my old Turning Wheels and MR magazines in my trusty Army "bookbag". Once the kids are out of the room or working, it's all me if there's nothing else needed to be done . Sit and wait until the further work needs to be accomplished, lol. Strangely enough I had the similar mindset when I was in study hall in the student's desk as well, all those years ago.

[IMG=left]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/55%20Studebaker%20Commander%20Streetrod%20Project/P1010531-1.jpg[/IMG=left]
              [IMG=left]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/55%20Studebaker%20Commander%20Streetrod%20Project/P1010550-1.jpg[/IMG=left]
              [IMG=right]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/Ex%20Studebaker%20Plant%20Locomotive/P1000578-1.jpg[/IMG=right]
              [IMG=right]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/My%201964%20Studebaker%20Commander%20R2/P1010168.jpg[/IMG=right]

1964 Studebaker Commander R2 clone
              1963 Studebaker Daytona Hardtop with no engine or transmission
              1950 Studebaker 2R5 w/170 six cylinder and 3spd OD
              1955 Studebaker Commander Hardtop w/289 and 3spd OD and Megasquirt port fuel injection(among other things)

Comment

Thanks for including the year and month of these great picture, Ill add them to my list of thing to buy at the next swap meets this summer

Tom

sigpic

Comment

Missed that issue of Hot Rod. I was in basic training that month.

Gary Sanders
                  Nixa, MO
                  President Toy Studebaker Collectors Club. Have an interest in Toy Studebakers? Contact me for details.
                  Gary Sanders
                  Nixa, MO

Comment

All those poor Orphans,(if you can call Edsels and Desotos orphans) But i love em all.

101st Airborne Div. 326 Engineers Ft Campbell Ky.

Comment

I pondered what to call that group too. I guess the Edsels and Desotos are the disinherited members of their families.

1952 Champion Starlight w/overdrive. Searcy, Arkansas
                      Searcy, Arkansas
                      1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
                      1952 2R pickup

Comment

It's sad how they prominently show the Edsels. They keep on kicking that poor car, but it was the best car I've ever owned and driven, until of course I bought my '51 Studebaker.

1951 Commander Land cruiser

Comment

Working...
                        X