PDA

View Full Version : 37 Dictator -ebay - final bid guess



Starlite51
02-06-2010, 05:47 PM
I am curious of what you think this car will end at on ebay

post your guess ..


http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190371078582&viewitem=#ht_500wt_1085

I have seen the car.. and I want it . .but I am restraining my self
it's solid , brakes are up, interior wrong but serviceable it -grille is super nice- was running and driving and the owner couldn't pay for the engine work - so it was lien saled last year and the new owner needs to cash out ...

I do believe the mileage is correct -- paint is an old laqcuer job that will polish up nicely

http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee209/Cruzerdog/37%20%20stude%204%20door/P1100563.jpg

anyway post your guess

(I am guessing his reserve at 9 grand..)

what do you think will be the final bid?-------------





John
Folsom CA


"Lone Dog ... No Woof"
www.cruisinnews.com

http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee209/Cruzerdog/Studelogopepsi-1.jpg

The Poopmaster
02-06-2010, 05:53 PM
4200.

bridgegaurd
02-06-2010, 06:50 PM
quote:Originally posted by Starlite51

I am curious of what you think this car will end at on ebay

post your guess ..


http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190371078582&viewitem=#ht_500wt_1085

I have seen the car.. and I want it . .but I am restraining my self
it's solid , brakes are up, interior wrong but serviceable it -grille is super nice- was running and driving and the owner couldn't pay for the engine work - so it was lien saled last year and the new owner needs to cash out ...


what do you think will be the final bid?-------------
I know what mine will be but i ain't telling

My guess on the reserve $9,500.


John
Folsom CA


"Lone Dog ... No Woof"
www.cruisinnews.com

http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee209/Cruzerdog/Studelogopepsi-1.jpg

Dick Steinkamp
02-06-2010, 06:56 PM
It SHOULD be worth 9k, BUT today's economy...engine out...wrong interior...I think it will bid to $6k.

(37's are my favorites [:p])

Dick Steinkamp
Bellingham, WA
http://i706.photobucket.com/albums/ww63/dstnkmp/1963%20Avanti/pics005-1.jpg

TX Rebel
02-06-2010, 07:47 PM
7K on a good day

Barry'd in Studes

JDP
02-06-2010, 09:43 PM
quote:Originally posted by Dick Steinkamp

It SHOULD be worth 9k, BUT today's economy...engine out...wrong interior...I think it will bid to $6k.

(37's are my favorites [:p])

Dick Steinkamp
Bellingham, WA
http://i706.photobucket.com/albums/ww63/dstnkmp/1963%20Avanti/pics005-1.jpg


The engine out and in boxes hurts it. It may not be a cheap rebuild unless you do most of the labor.

JDP/Maryland

Starlite51
02-06-2010, 11:28 PM
it's at 5,300

and 939 hits .. hmmm :D

I smell 10,000 unless I am in a "37 fog"

remember the body is perfect and the running boards are good too ...

the "Ohio Rust Trust" will grab it for a street rod is my bet[8D]

John
Folsom CA


"Lone Dog ... No Woof"
www.cruisinnews.com

http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee209/Cruzerdog/Studelogopepsi-1.jpg

Eugene
02-07-2010, 01:51 AM
I like the car wish I had the money. Iam going to say 8k. But if I had the money I would give 10k for it and not lose sleep over it. It's a nice car wish I had the cash. Gene.

55 prez
02-07-2010, 11:53 AM
$8,700 is my guess.

Jim Caldwell
"The view don't change if you ain't the lead dog"
http://ozarktrails.tripod.com/

StudeSchack
02-07-2010, 12:01 PM
Nine bidders...a shootout at the end...$9502...

Ted
'57 Champion

StudeSchack
02-07-2010, 03:13 PM
Here's an old article on the '37...some interesting facts...nice to see the luggage still in the EBAY car's trunk..

http://www.theunion.com/article/20050311/TODAYSFEATURE/50316006

Could it be the same car???

Ted
'57 Champion

Starlite51
02-07-2010, 04:13 PM
quote:Here's an old article on the '37...some interesting facts...nice to see the luggage still in the EBAY car's trunk..

http://www.theunion.com/article/20050311/TODAYSFEATURE/50316006

Could it be the same car???

Ted
'57 Champion

Yes thats the same car ... the guy was a private detective and is still around ,,,

I know of several CHEAP good running Stude 6 engines that will pop in there ..
the one that goes with the car -- is needing 2,000 to finish it
.. I'd rather buy a Cathcart engine for a few more bucks... instead of trying to finish the build on the orig ,


this is gonna be one I kick my self on ...like the 2 Coupes Expresses that went to JDP

but there's more out there ... a orig CA non running -project '37 dictator coupe is right down the road from me hoping to be there when it goes up for sale





John
Folsom CA


"Lone Dog ... No Woof"
www.cruisinnews.com

http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee209/Cruzerdog/Studelogopepsi-1.jpg

StudeMann
02-07-2010, 10:23 PM
John Folsom, I'm a little confused. Didn't you have a complete 37 Dictator coupe that you sold on ebay for big $$$ a couple of years ago?

"Ahh, a bear in his natural habitat...a Studebaker!"

51 Land Cruiser (Elsie)
Jim Mann
Victoria, B.C.
Canada

JDP
02-07-2010, 10:34 PM
quote:Originally posted by Starlite51


quote:Here's an old article on the '37...some interesting facts...nice to see the luggage still in the EBAY car's trunk..

http://www.theunion.com/article/20050311/TODAYSFEATURE/50316006

Could it be the same car???

Ted
'57 Champion

Yes thats the same car ... the guy was a private detective and is still around ,,,

I know of several CHEAP good running Stude 6 engines that will pop in there ..
the one that goes with the car -- is needing 2,000 to finish it
.. I'd rather buy a Cathcart engine for a few more bucks... instead of trying to finish the build on the orig ,


this is gonna be one I kick my self on ...like the 2 Coupes Expresses that went to JDP

but there's more out there ... a orig CA non running -project '37 dictator coupe is right down the road from me hoping to be there when it goes up for sale





John
Folsom CA


"Lone Dog ... No Woof"
www.cruisinnews.com

http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee209/Cruzerdog/Studelogopepsi-1.jpg




Actually, many on here agreed with me that the two rough CE's for 10K was a risky buy. We all learned otherwise, just as I did on this ebay 37. I would have never pegged it to go that high either.

JDP/Maryland

Starlite51
02-07-2010, 11:55 PM
Jim Mann
-----
Yes that was we me with that '37 coupe. it went to Alaska
-- I am sick puppy.. I fall in and out love quite a bit
here's a partial list of the nice ones ...that have "gone" thru my fingers
I hadn't thought about how many Studes I've had[:0] .. these are just the runners[:p]

'36 Dictator Coupe rod .. now in NY

'54 Commander Starliner loaded..one owner 33,000 orginial miles now in MI

'56 Pickup one owner loaded ,V8 at ..(Frenches Stude Dealership truck) .. now in Napa

'54 Champ Starliner 6 stick- one owner that he installed a '68 327 Vette / 4 speed .. lost track of it,it was orange and black .. I put a '62 GT Hawk interior in it and painted flat black with a flamed front .. (like to know who has it now .). sold it in 1996?

'49 Pickup ... now in HI

'57 Transtar ..at V8 . one owner now in Fortuna CA

'59 Lark 2 dr hardtop 6 stick one owner .. now a street rod in LA

'51 Regal Business Coupe ... now in the restoration process here in Sacto

'50 Business coupe ... now in Texas







John
Folsom CA


"Lone Dog ... No Woof"
www.cruisinnews.com

http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee209/Cruzerdog/Studelogopepsi-1.jpg

Starlite51
02-10-2010, 04:37 PM
wow it's at 8,200 and an buy now offer of 9,500 2 days to go will it top 10 ?

rayoung55
02-10-2010, 07:16 PM
And remember, you all saw it here first for $9K!!

http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=35770

Invalid User Name
02-11-2010, 04:49 PM
1 day, 4 hours and it's at $8,450.

Doug
Venice, Florida
1950 Champion
9G F1
http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m15/w4jdz/Stu-1.jpg

StudeSchack
02-11-2010, 04:56 PM
What is the forum contest prize? I may bid my guess if it a good one!

Ted
'57 Champion

doughboywoodmike
02-12-2010, 12:14 AM
i just spent 8k on a total rebuild and want this car but im waiting on a reply what comes with the car .. i have a second motor that will fit this car

http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc115/doughboywoodmike/gertrudeparade2.jpg

http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc115/doughboywoodmike/HPIM0572.jpg