51 C Cab truck door hinges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 51 C Cab truck door hinges

I am restoring a 51 C Cab and need a set of the bottom door hinges. I bought the top ones but have not been able to find the bottom hinges. Can anyone tell me where to buy them?

D.A.

Do you still have your original hinges?

thnx, jack vines

PackardV8
    PackardV8

Comment

Do you still have your original hinges? What was the problem with them?

thnx, jack vines

PackardV8
      PackardV8

Comment

Yes I still have the hinges.

also can you tell me what (P 2243 M. Blue) I think it is Midnight blue but I can find what the type of paint is and how to have it mixed. I have looked up the paint chip on duponts web site.

Comment

Unless you are lucky enough to find NOS, most any you buy will have worn hinge pins. FWIW, if the only problem is hinge pin wear, they can be rebuilt. I just completed doing those on my '55 C-cab. If you have some mechanical ability and a drill press, the readily-available hinge pin kit from Chebby pickups can be modified to work.

thnx,jack vines

PackardV8
          PackardV8

Comment

What is chebby pickups?

Comment

quote:Originally posted by dapope

What is chebby pickups?
              Chebby (or Ch**y) = Chevy (i.e. Chevrolet)
              F**d = Ford

You get the picture.....

This forum is set up to block certain words that are not intended for a family oriented website. You can often get around those "dirty" words by changing the spelling. For some "Chevy" is a four letter word and this is their way of showing it on the forum.

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful" and real Studebaker horsepower lives

See pictures here: http://community.webshots.com/user/GuidoSalvage

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.

Comment

Sorry I'm late to the game here, but Studebaker Int'l offers hinge pins for C-cab trucks.

KURTRUK
                (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln
                KURTRUK
                (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

Working...
                X