Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 57 golden hawk with 4 speed

quote:Originally posted by skip

hi. can anyone tell me how many 57 golden hawks were built with 4 speeds, or where i can go on the net to find out ?. please email shiftknob@gwi.net . thanks. skip.
    I had one in the early 60's......But I put I put a Corvette 4 speed in it myself...[8D].......Started out with a auto.

1961 Hawk 4BC,4-SPEED,TT

Lewisville,NC
    (formerly chevpartsman)
    1961 Hawk ...4-Speed;4bc;Twin Traction

Ken Byrd
    Lewisville,NC

hi. can anyone tell me how many 57 golden hawks were built with 4 speeds, or where i can go on the net to find out ?. please email shiftknob@gwi.net . thanks. skip.
    I had one in the early 60's......But I put I put a Corvette 4 speed in it myself...[8D].......Started out with a auto.

1961 Hawk 4BC,4-SPEED,TT

Lewisville,NC
    (formerly chevpartsman)
    1961 Hawk ...4-Speed;4bc;Twin Traction

Ken Byrd
    Lewisville,NC

Comment

57 golden hawk with 4 speed

57 President, 58 Packard Hawk, 61 MGA

Comment

None. The first 4 speed Studebaker (car) was 1961.

Dick Steinkamp
        Bellingham, WA

Comment

None. The first 4 speed Studebaker (car) was 1961.

Dick Steinkamp
          Bellingham, WA

Comment

quote: None. The first 4 speed Studebaker (car) was 1961.
            Corvettes didn't even get 4 speeds until April of 57, but I have met people who said they had a factory 4 speed Golden Hawk.

Leonard Shepherd, editor, The Commanding Leader, Central Virginia Chapter, http://centralvirginiachapter.org/

Comment

quote: None. The first 4 speed Studebaker (car) was 1961.
              Corvettes didn't even get 4 speeds until April of 57, but I have met people who said they had a factory 4 speed Golden Hawk.

Leonard Shepherd, editor, The Commanding Leader, Central Virginia Chapter, http://centralvirginiachapter.org/

Comment

NO 1957 Golden Hawks were built with four speeds. You may be thinking of a three speed with overdrive, counting that as the fourth speed. They were built. I owned one. The first Studebaker cars with true four speed transmissions were in the 1961 model year.

Gary L.
                Wappinger, NY

1959 DeLuxe pickup (restomod)
                Gary L.
                Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

NO 1957 Golden Hawks were built with four speeds. You may be thinking of a three speed with overdrive, counting that as the fourth speed. They were built. I owned one. The first Studebaker cars with true four speed transmissions were in the 1961 model year.

Gary L.
                  Wappinger, NY

1959 DeLuxe pickup (restomod)
                  Gary L.
                  Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                  Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Working...
                  X