Bullet Nose update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bullet Nose update

Now the car is in the hands of the upholstry shop. Seats are done. Once everything is fit, the dash and trim will be removed and painted. After the headliner and windows are installed, the car will go to the muffler shop for exhaust. Door panels will be completed while the car is being wired. Then it's time to fire up this bad boy.[]

Still have plenty of time to make it ready for Arizona. [8D]

Jon Stalnaker
    Editor, Hawk Talks
    Karel Staple Chapter SDC
    Jon Stalnaker
    Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Look at that dash! I pondered doing the same thing in my 52...bringing it towards the driver. I ended up not doing it, but neat to see it done and how it really looks. I like!
    Gives you some more brake pedal travel I see.

Comment

Yes, it looks quite massive especially since it was also extended down to accomodate the air conditioning vents. Notice the side defrost vent for the side glass. The console will house a small tach and the cup holders. - gotta have cup holders...

I only hope I have enough leg room to drive comfortably. I plan to drive it on long trips.

Jon Stalnaker
      Editor, Hawk Talks
      Karel Staple Chapter SDC
      Jon Stalnaker
      Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Comment

Extending the dash makes all the difference for adding modern accessories. Here's a shot of the '50 we finished up for a customer a couple years ago. Dash is extended 4" and has vintage air with controls and center vents built into the factory speaker grill, Dakota Digital gauges built into the original cluster, swing brake pedal etc. Still pretty tight under there, but would have been impossible without extending it. By the way, your car looks great![8D]

Skinny
        Watertown, SD
        Skinny___'59 Lark VIII Regal____'60 Lark Marshal___

Comment

Jon,
          If you don't mind me asking what was the quote on the interior. I need to have my 49 done and you are in my area. What all are you having them do?
          Seats
          Carpet
          Headliner
          Door and kick panels?

Comment

That is looking great!

Dylan Wills
            [IMG][/IMG]
            '61 lark deluxe 4 door wagon
            Dylan Wills
            Everett, Wa.

1961 Lark 4 door wagon
            1961 Lark 4 door wagon #2 (Wife's car!)
            1955 VW Beetle (Went to the dark side)
            1914 Ford Model T

Comment

I have some interest in your projects. I have lots of questions, and you are in my area. I plan to attend the next meeting in Sacramento,Ca. Need to know more about your interior project.

Comment

Jon,
                I'm about three different shades of green with envy right now.

Looks really nice, congratulations!

Dean.

Comment

I had the seats done years ago when I hadn't decided whether or not I was going to restore or resto-mod. We're going to get a headliner in it and the door lacing so we can get the windshield and back window in.

The door panels will get done later.

I don't really want to disclose what I have spent on this car on the forum. I understand I am in danger of losing my CASO card. [:0]

Jon Stalnaker
                  Editor, Hawk Talks
                  Karel Staple Chapter SDC
                  Jon Stalnaker
                  Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Comment

Working...
                  X