Amazing Car and Street Mode

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amazing Car and Street Mode

These look so real, it's amazing!![:0] The lighting and backgrounds make such a difference. This guy has really re-captured the look and feel of a '50s and early '60s small town! You will find a lots of Studebaker cars, too. [8D]

Steven

Our past is a powerful draw and in so many ways we try to capture it in order to explain it to ourselves. What started out as an exercise in model building and photography, ended up as a dream-like reconstruction of the town I grew up in. It's not an exact recreation, but it does capture the mood of my memories. And like a dream, many of the buildings show up in different configurations throughout the photos. Or sometimes, the buildings stay put and the backgrounds change. Visually, this is heading towards the realm of ART. NO PHOTOSHOP WAS USED IN THESE PICTURES. IT'S ALL STRAIGHT FROM THE CAMERA. It's the oldest trick in the special effects book: line up a model with an appropriate background and shoot. The buildings are 1/24th scale [ or 1/2 inch equals a foot ]. They are constructed of Gator board, styrene plastic, Sintra [ a light flexible plastic that can be carved, and painted ] plus numerous found objects; such as jewelry pieces, finishing washers and printed material. There are also two books available entitled: Elgin Park -An Ideal American Town and ELGIN PARK - Visual Memories of Mid-Century America in 1/24th Scale

Wow...Absolutely amazing. He's gotta be retired to have that kind of time. Very impressive.

Live your dreams!
    Live your dreams!

Comment

Well if you can't do your own work on cars but love cars its a great hobby, you can work on these in any weather,dont cost any more than a real car. But he does have some expencive cars if he paid full price from Franklin & Danbury + maybe some other makers. I guess if he had say a real Avanti he would be 15Gs or maybe more into a real car. That would buy a lot of these cars. Not sure he would ever get his money back but it's a hobby so who cares
      Wonder if there is a guy who only does Studebakers and flips them. With the initals JDP.

101st Airborne Div. 326 Engineers Ft Campbell Ky.

Comment

These pics are impeccably beautiful.
        Does anyone know if this is his occupation or a hobby?
        I'm sitting here thinking how he could make money off this hobby.
        1. Sell copies of the prints?
        2. Recreate scenes for movies?
        3. Advertising literature?

The list could go on and on.
        Any other ideas?

[img=left]http://farm1.static.flickr.com/158/360197307_8639ee4a46_m.jpg[/img=left]
        ~Nitram~
        57 Transtar

Comment

Wonder why he doesnt have a Golden Hawk?

101st Airborne Div. 326 Engineers Ft Campbell Ky.

Comment

Working...
          X