Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chris' other Eye Candy 2/1 Cool '52s

Sorry the photo is a little big.

Probably should have posted these seperately, but what the heck. There is a friend of mine [u]down the road</u> who I know likes this model of '52 (HT) LOL.

Chris Dresbach

Chris Dresbach

'52's are some of my favorites and the hardtop version is maybe one of he neatest looking things Studebaker built. I know not everybody feels that way, but I love 'em. Thanks for posting these great pics.

Joe Roberts
    '61 R1 Champ
    '65 Cruiser
    Editor of "The Down Easterner"
    Eastern North Carolina Chapter
    Joe Roberts
    '61 R1 Champ
    '65 Cruiser
    Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

I agree 52 Hardtops are one of the neatest cars Studebaker built,you see so few of them at local meets. Looking forward to the Springfield Mo. Nationals. A three hour drive for me, i'll walk if i have to.

101st Airborne Div. 326 Engineers Ft Campbell Ky.

Comment

Yep, three exceptional features, grille, hardtop, and that 3 piece rear glass. My uncle had a dark blue one when they were new and it was gorgeous. Was the behind the grille area left body color like the baby blue one? Don't remember seeing that on one- still looks good tho'. You put up some neat stuff, Chris, thanks, John

Comment

Yes, a certain day later this month I plan on posting a bunch of '52s and model Ns. Reason and date are TBA, stay tuned.

Chris Dresbach

Chris Dresbach

Comment

100 YEARS at its best
            Tom

sigpic

Comment

Two interesting cars. The 52 is the color of the first 52 hardtop I ever saw in the mid 70s. A nice combination on a probably restored car.
              The Land cruiser looks like a repaint of a basically nice original car. The pass side headlight door and the top grille bar show some pits and the fender spears have copper showing through. The Studebaker emblem in the hood V is faded and the bumper has an empty hole at the end like it may have once had a full bumper guard like the hardtop. The bumper guards shown on the front are not tall enough to have been with a grille guard and the inner bumper guards are missing. It may be the lighting but the front guards look too narrow.
              Also, the Studebaker and Commander scripts were left off the car when it was painted. The blue showing in the grille does not look right to you because the radiator is also covered in over spray. The fender related sheet metal behind the grille would have had blue paint, but because the radiator and related frame is blue it is more noticeable.
              I would be proud to drive either of these cars. I just posted this in case someone working on a 52 used it for reference.

"In the heart of Arkansas."
              1952 Champion Starlight w/overdrive. Searcy, Arkansas
              Searcy, Arkansas
              1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
              1952 2R pickup

Comment

Don't apologize for the large photo. It's perfect and at a good angle.
                Beautiful car too.
                Rog

'59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
                Smithtown,NY
                Long Island Studebaker Club
                '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
                Smithtown,NY
                Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

The land cruiser shot is a good one of a 52 grill. I've always found it very odd the way the grill bars end, behind the V shaped top bar. They end with small plate with a hole in it. It looks unfinished!
                  Doesn't it look like something else was going to go here...like to connect them or something? Like they designed it on a Friday and just said, eh...good enough.

Comment

I've wondered about those extra holes too. Also how did they decide to use the teeth and the bars istead of one or the other?

1952 Champion Starlight w/overdrive. Searcy, Arkansas
                    Searcy, Arkansas
                    1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
                    1952 2R pickup

Comment

Working...
                    X