Chris' other Eye Candy 1/27 '66-'67 Proposals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chris' other Eye Candy 1/27 '66-'67 Proposals

Believe it or not, these are actually studes. I had to take a closer look at first, thought they were brand X![:0]

Chris Dresbach

Chris Dresbach

I'm kinda glad they didn't make those, they are ugly in my opinion, but to each his own.

Dylan Wills
    [IMG][/IMG]
    '61 lark deluxe 4 door wagon
    Dylan Wills
    Everett, Wa.

1961 Lark 4 door wagon
    1961 Lark 4 door wagon #2 (Wife's car!)
    1955 VW Beetle (Went to the dark side)
    1914 Ford Model T

Comment

quote:Originally posted by silverhawk

I'm kinda glad they didn't make those, they are ugly in my opinion, but to each his own.

Dylan Wills
      [IMG][/IMG]
      '61 lark deluxe 4 door wagon
      [}] LOL

Chris Dresbach

Chris Dresbach

Comment

There is something very appealing about the style of the middle one. I would love to see what the front end looked like. It doesn't look like it had too much trunk room though.

Doug
        Venice, Florida
        1950 Champion
        9G F1

Comment

CHRIS ,
          I'm not familiar with the first of the four pictures
          but the other three were done by the guys that created the
          final look of the 1966 cars .
          Of course the last picture ( the photo ) is of a car
          where they were playing around with various ideas for the
          proposed 1967 model . Don't know that the raised rear bumper
          was a great idea especially if you want to fill the gas tank.
          BRUCE N

Comment

The third one is very interesting - the combination of the '64 - '66 front fender sculpturing and the GT Hawk-style rear quarters and wheel openings is a really cool look!

Re: the trunk room on #2: I'm thinking '70 Dodge Dart, where the floor of the trunk was so high you couldn't set a grocery bag in there upright and clear the lid!

[img=left]http://members.cox.net/clarknovak/lark.gif[/img=left]

Clark in San Diego
            '63 F2/Lark Standard

The Official Website of the San Diego Chapter of the Studebaker Drivers Club. Serving San Diego County

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

I have seen these before as an individual as a set of these proposed drawings.
              sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

For some reason, the second one reminds me of a Lincoln.[?][)]

Chris Dresbach

Chris Dresbach

Comment

For some reason, the second one reminds me of a Lincoln.[?][)]

Chris Dresbach

Chris Dresbach

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Chris_Dresbach

Believe it or not, these are actually studes. I had to take a closer look at first, thought they were brand X![:0]

[IMG
                    I like the first one kinda mustang II front with a stude wrap around rear window.

The rest don't trip no trigger

Comment

The Bob Marcks designs...too "blue-sky" for Stude at the time of course (especially as the board was bent on exiting the car business as swiftly as possible), but it's interesting to see the apparent use in most of those renderings of existing panels: the front fenders on the black sedan, and the front and rear doors on pretty much all the designs (see the fadeout front half of the old '53 scallop, which was a contour that lasted all the way to 1966).

The white coupe seems to be a deliberate pastiche of styling cues from several previous Studes: the squared roofline of the GT; the wraparound back window of the '47-52 Starlights; the low, rounded nose of the '53. There's also a front view of a proposed Stude coupe from the same studio, showing a '53-like nose but with the headlights tucked into the outer ends of the split grille...looks pretty much exactly like a late-70s Pontiac Firebird front end. Rest of that car (what can be seen of it) also looks like an update of the '53 Starliner.

The "67" sedan prototype apparently was returned to standard '66 configuration and sold. It'd be cool if it were still around.

S.

Comment

Working...
                      X