Hidden Blower on a '59 Lark

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hidden Blower on a '59 Lark

Here's a pix of the blower, fits up tight to the hood. I had to remove the cross brace and install an extra prop rod on the driver's side. Trimming the carb plenum at the carb flange gave enough clearace under the hood. The car is completely stock from the outside down to the skinny tires and hubcaps. I'll post a pix of the car if you like, couldn't figure out how to paste two pictures at the same time from Photobucket

'59 Lark hardtop w/355 blown sbc, 700R4, 8.8" rear w/ 3.73 gears

Dogs are a man's best friend. Just ask my Dachshunds!

WOW []

That thing would scoot!!

VERY nice work [8D]

Dick Steinkamp
    Bellingham, WA

Dick Steinkamp
    Bellingham, WA

Comment

Do the skinny tires ever stop spinning? I would think with 3.73's and the 700's low first that a foot to the floor start from a dead stop just laves yo sitting still in a cloud of smoke! It spins them on a downshift to first also, doesn't it?

R2 R5388 @ Macungie 2006________________ 1988 "Beater" Avanti

Comment

Awesome!
        Mono mind in a stereo world

Comment

What a nice fit. I'd like to see some more pics. It would be fun running against the kids at the night drags.

Gordon

Comment

quote:Originally posted by bige
            I would think with 3.73's and the 700's low first that a foot to the floor start from a dead stop just laves yo sitting still in a cloud of smoke!
            ...and the problem with that is???....

[8D]

Dick Steinkamp
            Bellingham, WA

Dick Steinkamp
            Bellingham, WA

Comment

Hiding in plain sight, me thinks. Nice install.[]

Bob

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Dick Steinkamp

quote:Originally posted by bige
                I would think with 3.73's and the 700's low first that a foot to the floor start from a dead stop just laves yo sitting still in a cloud of smoke!
                ...and the problem with that is???....

[8D]

Dick Steinkamp
                Bellingham, WA

Nothing...unless you're trying to quit smoking![)]

From deep in the Ozarks...

Fred

Comment

Can you say, "Sleeper"? I'll bet you can.

Yes, please, on the More Pics offer.

Schweet!

Keoni Dibelka / HiloFoto
                  In Hawai'i; on Hawai'i; on the Windward Side
                  If da salt air never chew 'em up bumbye da lava will...

Comment

Here's the outside. Yes, it does spin upon demand! Going about 20 MPH, nailing it, it drops back in the 3:00 first and hits the rear suspension hard. Actually, with the slapper bars and short wheelbase, air shocks pumped to 120PSI, it doesn't spin that much. The best though, is to get an easy start and then nail it. That way, the kids in the next car over didn't know what happened! Lotsa fun. I run out of fuel pressure at 4000 in second gear with the mechanical pump. I'm changing over to an Airtex electric with a fuel cell in the trunk, AN fittings, and 3/8 lines. I'm running 5lbs boost up to 5000rpm with a custom smaller pulley. The block has 1.94 iron heads, I like to change to 2.02 Edelbrock aluminum. The blower wouldn't have enough volume to keep up though.....Gee, this is getting expensive!

Art

Comment

ART! Nice!! Is that a Edelbrock I see on your huffer? I have a 700 CFM Holley blower carb. Did you have to massage that carb to cooperate with the blower? Where did you get that carb bonnet? I would love to get all mine under the hood. I do not see a battery in there.Trunk mount? How close is the blower snout to the hood? My cowl induction scoop gives clearance up there,but the next hood setup won't have that type of scoop. I also have a mechanical pump but am not running out of fuel. I did install a 3/8ths inch pickup in the stock tank and ran new 3/8ths steel line all the way forward. I also have tire width limitations due to the wheel well opening shape. BFG makes a 65 series Touring TA Radial with a white wall if you want a little more width. Man would I love a race or five with you. Coming to South Bend this spring? I will buy the first round of beer!!

Comment

Woa! That is sweet!

Dylan Wills
                        [IMG][/IMG]
                        '61 lark deluxe 4 door wagon
                        Dylan Wills
                        Everett, Wa.

1961 Lark 4 door wagon
                        1961 Lark 4 door wagon #2 (Wife's car!)
                        1955 VW Beetle (Went to the dark side)
                        1914 Ford Model T

Comment

Now that's what I'm talking about!!!!

Carey
                          Packard Hawk

Carey
                          Packard Hawk

Comment

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ART! Nice!! Is that a Edelbrock I see on your huffer? I have a 700 CFM Holley blower carb. Did you have to massage that carb to cooperate with the blower? Where did you get that carb bonnet? I would love to get all mine under the hood. I do not see a battery in there.Trunk mount? How close is the blower snout to the hood? My cowl induction scoop gives clearance up there,but the next hood setup won't have that type of scoop. I also have a mechanical pump but am not running out of fuel. I did install a 3/8ths inch pickup in the stock tank and ran new 3/8ths steel line all the way forward. I also have tire width limitations due to the wheel well opening shape. BFG makes a 65 series Touring TA Radial with a white wall if you want a little more width. Man would I love a race or five with you. Coming to South Bend this spring? I will buy the first round of beer!!
                            Edelbrock manual choke 750, vac. secondaries, no tuning, right out of the box. Trunk mount battery with quick disconnect. 5/16 fuel line in there now, probably most of the pressure problem. Identical problem with a built 514 Caddy I had 20 yrs. ago. Lots of clearance, blower pulley to hood, I'll measure if you like. Mustang rear about 1" wider on each side gives me 4" clearance to spring, allowing much wider rim. Could order wider steelies, and still run hubcaps! Lots of tuning potential left in this car, cam is a Lunati 00016, straight up, smooth idle, I think about .475 lift off the seat. Actually, probably not too bad as valve train stock and don't want to rev it too high. Yes, I'd love to come to South Bend, talkin' the wife into it another story. Which model Stude do you have and how is it set up? I'm a little worried about the original springs on mine, could be disaster if they break!
                            Gee, I never got this much attention at the car shows, nice to talk with people with the same interests........

Art

Comment

Oh, carb bonnet, intake tubes, Spectre filters, all from Jegs. Nice company.......

Art

Comment

Working...
                              X