Unlikely Avanti Owner NEW VIDEO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unlikely Avanti Owner NEW VIDEO

Yea...they are not my favorite car...from a styling standpoint...but this deal was just too good to pass up.

This was the one Tom Noller posted about. In Seattle. I waited until tom was at work, then jumped on it

The right hog trough is very nice. The left needs some work. Alan Barth will be here tomorrow and help me evaluate it.

The seller discounted it since he felt it needed paint. When I got home, I washed it up. There is no way I would repaint this car...

I got a ton of NOS parts with it, and documentation up the wazu. One interesting piece was this Drive Away Shipper...

Does anybody know who Mr. Morrison is, and what he was President of?

The interior is nice, but the driver's seat has a poorly repaired seam split and it could use new carpet...

The engine is complete (except for some of the ignition shielding) and correct #.

I never thought I'd be an Avanti owner, but I'm happy (so far) with this one.

Dick Steinkamp
    Bellingham, WA

Dick Steinkamp
    Bellingham, WA

Dick, that thing looks AWESOME! Looks show quality to me, very nice.

SnowLark
    In the middle of Minnestudea
    sigpic
    In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Dick Steinkamp

Yea...they are not my favorite car...from a styling standpoint...but this deal was just too good to pass up.

This was the one Tom Noller posted about. In Seattle. I waited until tom was at work, then jumped on it

The right hog trough is very nice. The left needs some work. Alan Barth will be here tomorrow and help me evaluate it.

The seller discounted it since he felt it needed paint. When I got home, I washed it up. There is no way I would repaint this car...

I got a ton of NOS parts with it, and documentation up the wazu. One interesting piece was this Drive Away Shipper...

Does anybody know who Mr. Morrison is, and what he was President of?

The interior is nice, but the driver's seat has a poorly repaired seam split and it could use new carpet...

The engine is complete (except for some of the ignition shielding) and correct #.

I never thought I'd be an Avanti owner, but I'm happy (so far) with this one.

Dick Steinkamp
      Bellingham, WA

Looks like a bargain and I agree the paint if fine for a driver. The weak hog trough might be patchable and for the price you can't get hurt. You could get 12-13K on a flip with some minor detailing and upholstery work.

A example of a car much better then advertised, and from a honest seller.

JDP/Maryland
      JDP Maryland

Comment

It looked like a nice car in the previous posts. Looks even better after cleanup. Well bought

By the way, welcome back to the world of Stude ownership.

Bob

Comment

Great looking Avanti Dick they are great cars less than 6,000 orignal Avantis made in 63&64.

Lenny
          Atlanta Ga.

Comment

Robert S Morrison was the founder and president of MFG.

R2Andy
            R2Andrea

Comment

Hello Mr.spit & polish I see your stil doing your magic with a lil soap and water .Looks like you still got the touch.Good looking Avanti.

David Baggett '53 coupe

Comment

That car looks super! What a deal.

edp/NC
                '63 Avanti
                '66 Commander
                edp/NC
                \'63 Avanti
                \'66 Commander

Comment

quote:Originally posted by sweetolbob

By the way, welcome back to the world of Stude ownership.
                  Thanks, Bob. I was starting to get the DT's there for a while.

Dick Steinkamp
                  Bellingham, WA

Dick Steinkamp
                  Bellingham, WA

Comment

quote:Originally posted by R2Andy

Robert S Morrison was the founder and president of MFG.

R2Andy
                    Thanks, Andy. That is sooooo cool [8D].

The President of MFG chooses an Avanti over the Corvettes they were also making...especially in 1963 when the new C2 Corvette was the heart throb of most folks.

Dick Steinkamp
                    Bellingham, WA

Dick Steinkamp
                    Bellingham, WA

Comment

quote:Originally posted by JDP

Looks like a bargain and I agree the paint if fine for a driver. The weak hog trough might be patchable and for the price you can't get hurt. You could get 12-13K on a flip with some minor detailing and upholstery work.

I'm going to try to hold off on the "flip". It's the only Stude I own right now and might be a nice cruiser to the Arizona International Meet this summer.

A example of a car much better then advertised, and from a honest seller.
                      Great seller. Fine gentleman. He's an architect. Has done some high end single family residences here in the North West that I am familiar with. Has now turned to sustainable homes and doing designs for Habitat for Humanity. He was just "done" with this car and wanted it gone. I was happy to oblige.

Dick Steinkamp
                      Bellingham, WA

Dick Steinkamp
                      Bellingham, WA

Comment

Nice 'wholesome' car. It's found a good home.

I can't help but notice what looks like potential interference between the carb linkage and the hose to the power booster. Just don't want to lose you or an Avanti on your first full throttle test run

R2 R5388 @ Macungie 2006________________ 1988 "Beater" Avanti

Comment

quote:Originally posted by bige
                          Just don't want to lose you or an Avanti on your first full throttle test run
                          ...and there will be many . Thanks for the heads up.

Dick Steinkamp
                          Bellingham, WA

Dick Steinkamp
                          Bellingham, WA

Comment

R1/PowerShift, silent exhaust and seating for 4. A practical, usable car for the prez. Unlike those other 'glass contraptions. I can't believe they didn't order it with AC tho.
                            I prefer the Orange Whirly Thingies my self but given the cars original owner I would have given it serious consideration.
                            R2Andy
                            R2Andrea

Comment

Sweet car Mr.Stienkamp!

Dylan Wills
                              [IMG][/IMG]
                              '61 lark deluxe 4 door wagon
                              Dylan Wills
                              Everett, Wa.

1961 Lark 4 door wagon
                              1961 Lark 4 door wagon #2 (Wife's car!)
                              1955 VW Beetle (Went to the dark side)