• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chris' other Eye Candy 1/25 Prototype E12 Step van

One of a kind![8D]

Chris Dresbach

Chris Dresbach

Nice truck. You could sell a lot of ice cream in that baby!

Jon Stalnaker
    Editor, Hawk Talks
    Karel Staple Chapter SDC
    Jon Stalnaker
    Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Comment

Just for comparisson, here's a pic of a 1954 International Metro van, complete with original Raymond Loewey designed IH grill badge.

SnowLark
      In the middle of Minnestudea
      sigpic
      In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

The statement "Part owner of the one and only '55 PROTOTYPE panel van" used to appear in a Forum member's signature line but is no longer listed among his vehicles. Has it been sold?

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful" and real Studebaker horsepower lives

See pictures here: http://community.webshots.com/user/GuidoSalvage

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.

Comment

Might that Studebaker step van simply be a rebadged step van made by another manufacturer with a Studebaker running gear? Here is a 1954 Chevy step van with body made by Boyartown.

SnowLark
          sigpic

Comment

Interesting that the Chevy has a '60-'64 Champ STYLE front bumper! [:0]

StudeRich
            StudeRich
            Second Generation Stude Driver,
            Proud '54 Starliner Owner
            SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

A lot of the step vans shared the same body panels.
              especially late 30's thru 50's. I have had many thru
              my salvage yard, and sold panels (exact fit) from one
              make to go on another. Yep, I did

Tex E. Grier

Comment

Thanks for the info Mike. Keep us updated on its progress.

SnowLark
                sigpic

Comment

I like em when they're sitting...

I lovvve them when they're running...

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

This is actually one of the few Studebaker prototypes that I've seen operating under its own power. The pictures were taken in 2006 at the Lisle meet. I say good work to those showing the pictures, and keeping the prototypes running, keep it up !!

I also apologize if I carelessly ribbed anybody for showing the photos .

[IMG=left]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/55%20Studebaker%20Commander%20Streetrod%20Project/P1010531-1.jpg[/IMG=left]
                  [IMG=left]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/55%20Studebaker%20Commander%20Streetrod%20Project/P1010550-1.jpg[/IMG=left]
                  [IMG=right]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/Ex%20Studebaker%20Plant%20Locomotive/P1000578-1.jpg[/IMG=right]
                  [IMG=right]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/My%201964%20Studebaker%20Commander%20R2/P1010168.jpg[/IMG=right]

1964 Studebaker Commander R2 clone
                  1963 Studebaker Daytona Hardtop with no engine or transmission
                  1950 Studebaker 2R5 w/170 six cylinder and 3spd OD
                  1955 Studebaker Commander Hardtop w/289 and 3spd OD and Megasquirt port fuel injection(among other things)

Comment

Last I knew, Kent Fedor was a part-owner, and IIRC it was at his place. For whatever reason there was major secrecy about the details; seemed to dampen interest at the time.

Mike, please do keep us posted if you do restore it

Robert (Bob) Andrews- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys)
                    Parish, central NY 13131

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

Like Bob, I have been waiting for the "announcement" about the van. I seem to recall that Jim Maxey may have been involved in getting it to the Fairgrounds for the International Meet in '07. I also was under the belief that it was at Kent's place in Michigan.

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful" and real Studebaker horsepower lives

See pictures here: http://community.webshots.com/user/GuidoSalvage

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.

Comment

SnowLark
                        sigpic

Comment

Brent, that is classic.

Doug
                          Venice, Florida
                          1950 Champion
                          9G F1

Comment

I tried to search around some and couldn't find much, except the other owner besides Kent is, or was, StudeDave57. Couldn't find any threads about it though. Any info for us Dave?

I did look at the van in SB in 07 where it was for sale. Was kind of rough but savable. I thought about it briefly because the price was really cheap; just couldn't figure out what I'd do with it when it was finished[:I]

Parish, central NY 13131

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Guido

The statement "Part owner of the one and only '55 PROTOTYPE panel van" used to appear in a Forum member's signature line but is no longer listed among his vehicles. Has it been sold?
                              Just got an e-mail from Kent Fedor regarding the prototype van. He was in partnership with others on it but now is the sole owner. The van is currently at his home in Michigan. His goal is to have it restored by the 2012 International Meet in SB. He doesn't do the forum much anymore, but gave me permission to post this. If he sends any more updates I'll post those as well. Looking forward to seeing it brought back!

Parish, central NY 13131

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

Working...
                              X