spotted a pretty truck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spotted a pretty truck

yesterday coming home from my ranch and working on my stude saw a beautiful red and white studebaker truck around round rock texas. dunno model or year but looked excellent and looked to be in very good condition. just curious if it was anyone on here.

also in austin their is a turqoiseish(spelling?) bullet nose coupe. is it anyones on here?

Comment

atomicrm, my sister lived in Roundrock, then Austin back in the late 70's and early 80's and went to some fellows house down there with her boyfriend and sent back a bunch of pics with a LOT of Studebakers. She can't remember where it was exactly, but the fellow sure had a bunch of cars and trucks of all types, so there may be several folks who speak up. He told her there was a good bunch of folks down there with them. It looked like Studebaker heaven in the pics. John

Comment

awesome! that reminds me. there is either a 53 or 54 starlight coupe i believe that is red with flames and a huge hood scoop. looks like a drag racer. ive seen it twice driving around my neighborhood. im sure atleast one of them must be in the club, and hopefully on the forum
        have any of those photos left? would love to see em see if i recognize the area

Comment

Big Bob from the old N/G lived in Elgin TX had several Studebakers, could that be who you were talking about?
          Elgin isn't far from Round Rock.
          I went to a club meeting in Austin once in the late 90s.

101st Airborne Div. 326 Engineers Ft Campbell Ky.

Comment

elgins probly too far away from where i am for it to of been him. unless he was out and about

Comment

Hey, I was way off on the dates, sis was down there in late 80's and early 90's. Got the other parts right tho'. I dug out the pics, there is a zip van, a weasel (I think), a nice Champ (turquoise), Larks-converts, wagons, sedans, a 55 with the top cut off, a nice looking primered 49-53 truck,50/51 cars (ones a convertible too) a transtar that looks like a 3/4 ton,a turquoise 63 Avanti, a row of parts cars, etc. My sister said it may have been anywhere around there, she just couldn't remember, but there were a lot of interesting cars and it was out in the country. Some of the cars are shown under a long, metal, open shed. Don't know anymore than this, but I'll try to get my bride to scan them if anyone still wants to look. I don't use the SDC photo transferring thing, they would have to be e-mailed to ya', sorry, I'll try to learn, but I'm old and my system is slow. John

Comment

email email email. always happy to see photos. and i really wana see a pick of the turquoise champ. sounds familiar.
                no one knows of anyone drag racing a 53-54 starlight?

Comment

atomicrm, email sent, John

Comment

Working...
                  X