The ultimate Studebakers in movies site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The ultimate Studebakers in movies site

Maybe this will finally bring closure to the Studebakers in movies theme. This site has pictures and citations of movies. The site is self explanatory. http://www.imcdb.org/
    "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

If you open the complete list of car brands you'll even find Erskine and Avanti (II). There's a ton of Packards in movies, too. I like the one in the French movie called "Send a Woman if the Devil Fails". I don't know what Anne Goodman would say to that!
    "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Comment

If you open the complete list of car brands you'll even find Erskine and Avanti (II). There's a ton of Packards in movies, too. I like the one in the French movie called "Send a Woman if the Devil Fails". I don't know what Anne Goodman would say to that!

Comment

Does anyone know the name of the movie that came out in the late 80s or early 90s that had a kid with a 50 Studebaker and this guy told him "you can't get any in a Studebaker" (can I say that on the forum?). Eventually at the end of the movie the kid rams his Studebaker into the guy's 55 Chevy.

Leonard Shepherd, editor, The Commanding Leader, Central Virginia Chapter, http://centralvirginiachapter.org/

Comment

Does anyone know the name of the movie that came out in the late 80s or early 90s that had a kid with a 50 Studebaker and this guy told him "you can't get any in a Studebaker" (can I say that on the forum?). Eventually at the end of the movie the kid rams his Studebaker into the guy's 55 Chevy.

Leonard Shepherd, editor, The Commanding Leader, Central Virginia Chapter, http://centralvirginiachapter.org/

Comment

quote:Originally posted by lstude

Sounds like a local car show...
            Sometimes it seems Studebakers are the Rodney Dangerfield of cars...they get no respect.

63 Avanti R1 2788
            1914 Stutz Bearcat
            (George Barris replica)

Washington State
            63 Avanti R1 2788
            1914 Stutz Bearcat
            (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

quote:Originally posted by lstude

Sounds like a local car show...
              Sometimes it seems Studebakers are the Rodney Dangerfield of cars...they get no respect.

63 Avanti R1 2788
              1914 Stutz Bearcat
              (George Barris replica)

Washington State
              63 Avanti R1 2788
              1914 Stutz Bearcat
              (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

The movie weas called "Mischief". Its been on the satellite all month long.Its a light green 50 champion that totally destroys a 55 chebby conv.

David Baggett Mantachie,Ms.

Comment

The movie weas called "Mischief". Its been on the satellite all month long.Its a light green 50 champion that totally destroys a 55 chebby conv.

David Baggett Mantachie,Ms.

Comment

What a great site! Thanks Scott! It even had a wonderful spread on The Big Long Trailer! One of my favourite movies of all time! I never noticed that they towed that trailer with a dolly. I guess Lucy was keeping me busy laughing too hard.

Lotsa Larks!
                    K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
                    Ron Smith
                    Where the heck is Lewiston, CA?
                    Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
                    Ron Smith
                    Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

What a great site! Thanks Scott! It even had a wonderful spread on The Big Long Trailer! One of my favourite movies of all time! I never noticed that they towed that trailer with a dolly. I guess Lucy was keeping me busy laughing too hard.

Lotsa Larks!
                      Ron Smith
                      Where the heck is Lewiston, CA?
                      Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
                      Ron Smith
                      Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Whoa! look at this! This is a 55 convertible in a French flick! Wonder if that car still lurks in some old french villa?[:0][]

Unlimited space to host images, easy to use image uploader, albums, photo hosting, sharing, dynamic image resizing on web and mobile.

Miscreant adrift in
                        the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                        1960 Larkvertible V8
                        1958 Provincial wagon
                        1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Whoa! look at this! This is a 55 convertible in a French flick! Wonder if that car still lurks in some old french villa?[:0][]

Unlimited space to host images, easy to use image uploader, albums, photo hosting, sharing, dynamic image resizing on web and mobile.

Miscreant adrift in
                          the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                          1960 Larkvertible V8
                          1958 Provincial wagon
                          1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

In the movie 'Mischief' during the part when the hero is smashing the 55 Chevy the hero can be seen driving two different Studebakers. One a 1950 and one a 1951. Check it out the next time it is on or rewind the tape. I have a tape of just the last few minutes of the film showing the crashing of the Chevy and clearly two different studebakers. I am sure the general public does not notice the difference.

Gary Sanders
                            Nixa, MO
                            President Toy Studebaker Collectors Club. Have an interest in Toy Studebakers? Contact me for details.
                            Gary Sanders
                            Nixa, MO

Comment

In the movie 'Mischief' during the part when the hero is smashing the 55 Chevy the hero can be seen driving two different Studebakers. One a 1950 and one a 1951. Check it out the next time it is on or rewind the tape. I have a tape of just the last few minutes of the film showing the crashing of the Chevy and clearly two different studebakers. I am sure the general public does not notice the difference.

Gary Sanders
                              Nixa, MO
                              President Toy Studebaker Collectors Club. Have an interest in Toy Studebakers? Contact me for details.
                              Gary Sanders
                              Nixa, MO

Comment

Working...
                              X