Took a drive in Lola today - Finally

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Took a drive in Lola today - Finally

I finished putting the ballast resistor and new air cleaner on Lola this morning. Thought it was time to take her for a drive as she needed some gas. This is the first time the car truly ran right. All I can say is wow that car is fast and smooth. Still have some brake issues and she'll be parked till resolved. I pulled the front drums when I got back and found that the friction material was cracked down to the metal it attaches to. Also found that the left rear was hanging up a little bit. Its got new wheel cylinders so not quite sure why thats the case. That 289 really likes to go. The new power steering pump should be here any day for it. There was still a lot of smell from the fire inside. I guess that will go away in time.

Dare to be different... Drive your Studebaker!!

Excellent news. The crack in the brake shoe lining should get fixed pronto!

Chip
    '63 Cruiser daily driver
    '57 Packard wagon on the road!
    Chip
    '63 Cruiser
    '57 Packard wagon
    '61 Lark Regal 4 dr wagon
    '50 Commander 4 dr sedan

Comment

Good deal. Glad to hear Lola is running (good) again.Sweet!!!

Comment

GREAT NEWS! A well tuned 289 in a Lark is indeed a fine ride.

Hope to see you and your Lark at LaPalma or one of the other SoCal meets this year - or better yet at the International in Glendale, AZ.

Gene Nagle
        1963 Hawk R1
        Gene Nagle
        1963 Hawk R1
        1985 Avanti

Comment

Bob, congrats. Glad you're finally enjoying her!

The left rear brake hanging might be due to a worn backing plate. Search the forum for Gord Richmond's post about his backing plate repair about a month ago - it'll show you where to check for the worn area.

[img=left]http://members.cox.net/clarknovak/lark.gif[/img=left]

Clark in San Diego
          '63 F2/Lark Standard

The Official Website of the San Diego Chapter of the Studebaker Drivers Club. Serving San Diego County

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
          X