• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need C Cab trans cover

John Clary
    Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

John,

I may have one, but it will probably be the middle of next week before I can check. I can't remember if I have one for a 3 speed or big truck transmission.

By the way, I will let you have the remains of this '52 2R10 VERY cheap (i.e. sub CASO pricing). The floors are in pretty good shape and it has an overdrive transmission to boot.

Gary

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful" and real Studebaker horsepower lives

See pictures here: http://community.webshots.com/user/GuidoSalvage

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.

Comment

Thanks for replying Gary. Somehow I think that if you and I lived closer...my wife would hate you. I drag enough junk home already.

John Clary
      Greer, SC

Life... is what happens as you are making plans.
      SDC member since 1975
      John Clary
      Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

quote:Originally posted by jclary

Thanks for replying Gary. Somehow I think that if you and I lived closer...my wife would hate you. I drag enough junk home already.
        Do you would like the other side better? [}]

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful" and real Studebaker horsepower lives

See pictures here: http://community.webshots.com/user/GuidoSalvage

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.

Comment

John,
          If you find a stash of them, please let me know. Im in Roebuck, SC. Thanks, Heard there is/was a Stude boneyard in Chesnee or Boiling Springs.

Comment

If you don't find one elsewhere, I think I have an extra one. I would have to look -- it's buried somewhere in my stash.
            Skip Lackie

Comment

WOW! Talk about raising an old "dead"(ZOMBI) thread...it is a good reminder of how fast five years can disappear in your rear view mirror. And...how events can alter activities and plans. When I first brought the old flatbed truck home, I had every intention of rebuilding it into a "kick-around" drive-able, functional toy. However, after a couple of my siblings reneged on their promise and obligation to our aging mother, I had to step up and look after her well being and safety. In addition, I had to have surgery and take care of my own health issues. In that time, the truck project stalled, and my focus changed. Instead of a major project of restoring the truck, and hassle of attempting to get it titled...I've decided to install a Studebaker V8 in my good truck. I plan to use parts from the V8 truck to facilitate the install. Once done, I'll probably offer to fellow members, the remaining parts. Either as a "parts truck," or individual parts.

As for the transmission cover. I bought one. Problem is, I can't recall which one of you I bought it from. I'm sure I paid you though, and I'd like to say that, so far, every individual I have done business with, from contact on the forum, has been a great experience.
              John Clary
              Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

I'm glad you found a cover. Who would ever think one would be hard to find. There was one on my 59 Scotsman parts truck but it was 1/4 rusted away. Strangely, the rest of the cover was beautiful with shiny paint!

Comment

Working...
                X