Xbox 360 game image - 53 coupe plus 57 GH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xbox 360 game image - 53 coupe plus 57 GH

My son was playing an XBOX 360 game on our big screen TV and I noticed a car image that was very Studebaker like. The car is called a Chevalier Streetbird de Luxe.

Just Cause is set on a fictional Caribbean tropical island called "San Esperito", where the player works as CIA black ops agent Rico Rodriguez in a guerrilla war to overthrow San Esperito's dictator, Salvador Mendoza, who may be in possession of weapons of mass destruction. The game draws its premise (and name) from the real-life United States invasion of Panama, code-named "Operation Just Cause", which involved United States military action to overthrow military leader Manuel Noriega

John

63R-2386 under restoration & modification
    sigpic
    John
    63R-2386
    Resto-Mod by Michael Myer

It definetly has some resemblance in the front end. I wonder why they would call it a "chevalier" It sounds like a blend of Chevrolet and Cavalier, neither of which resemble this car. Interesting.

1963 Lark, 259 V8, two-tone paint, Twin Traction.

Comment

The progammers may have made the cars resemble pics of actual cuban cars, without actually knowing what the were. It shoulda been a Studmaker or something clever...

Ron Johnston
      1963 Studebaker Daytona HT

Comment

what 360 game is it?

101st Airborne Div. 326 Engineers Ft Campbell Ky.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by okc63avanti

My son was playing an XBOX 360 game on our big screen TV and I noticed a car image that was very Studebaker like. The car is called a Chevalier Streetbird de Luxe.

Just Cause is set on a fictional Caribbean tropical island called "San Esperito", where the player works as CIA black ops agent Rico Rodriguez in a guerrilla war to overthrow San Esperito's dictator, Salvador Mendoza, who may be in possession of weapons of mass destruction. The game draws its premise (and name) from the real-life United States invasion of Panama, code-named "Operation Just Cause", which involved United States military action to overthrow military leader Manuel Noriega

John

Swat it is a 53 + a 57. What else could it be? jimmijim

Stude Junkie+++++++Do it right the f$$$$ Time. Never mind. Just do it right. When youre done your done. You'll know it.
          sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

quote:Originally posted by clonelark

what 360 game is it?

JUST CAUSE

John

sigpic
            John
            63R-2386

Comment

No really, the game is called "Just Cause" ....

GameSpot is the world's largest source for PS4, Xbox One, PS3, Xbox 360, Wii U, PS Vita, Wii PC, 3DS, PSP, DS, video game news, reviews, previews, trailers, walkthroughs, and more.

For the much older folks out there who remember buying their kids Nintendos in the late eighties, and have no idea what's going on, just nod and smile [)].....

That said since the game takes place around Cuba, they probably wanted the Cuban environment, so they pulled a number of details from the real Cuba into the game. That would include the types of cars that were roaming around the island, so more than likely, the car got in there on a whim(A good representation nonetheless). As far as the name, they will usually do this to avoid having to deal with copyright issues, unless it's something like GT3, a racing game, where the vehicles have to closely represent the vehicles in real life, sparing the physics of course.

[IMG=left]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/55%20Studebaker%20Commander%20Streetrod%20Project/P1010531-1.jpg[/IMG=left]
              [IMG=left]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/55%20Studebaker%20Commander%20Streetrod%20Project/P1010550-1.jpg[/IMG=left]
              [IMG=right]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/Ex%20Studebaker%20Plant%20Locomotive/P1000578-1.jpg[/IMG=right]
              [IMG=right]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/My%201964%20Studebaker%20Commander%20R2/P1010168.jpg[/IMG=right]

1964 Studebaker Commander R2 clone
              1963 Studebaker Daytona Hardtop with no engine or transmission
              1950 Studebaker 2R5 w/170 six cylinder and 3spd OD
              1955 Studebaker Commander Hardtop w/289 and 3spd OD and Megasquirt port fuel injection(among other things)

Comment

That chromed headlight pod idea mighta looked neat on the non-Hawk '58 Studes. Good spotting. "Chevalier" is French for "knight"; the other two names do perhaps have a Stude link though, "Streetbird" being an avian reference like "Hawk", and "Deluxe" having been a Studebaker trim level.

Somebody oughta take one of the available 1:24/25 plastic '53 kits and turn it into a 3D depiction of the "Chevalier"...

S.

Comment

For those of you that play war games on your PC there is a game that uses the images of Studebaker US 6 trucks. If your interested I'll look up the name of the game and post later.

Gary Sanders
                  Nixa, MO
                  President Toy Studebaker Collectors Club. Have an interest in Toy Studebakers? Contact me for details.
                  Gary Sanders
                  Nixa, MO

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Gary1953

For those of you that play war games on your PC there is a game that uses the images of Studebaker US 6 trucks. If your interested I'll look up the name of the game and post later.

Gary Sanders
                    Nixa, MO
                    President Toy Studebaker Collectors Club. Have an interest in Toy Studebakers? Contact me for details.
                    Gary, we would love to see a screen image of the Stude 6X6

John

sigpic
                    John
                    63R-2386

Comment

The screen image of the US 6 is part of the game Sudden Strike 1. My brother and I are having problems finding the image. The game was relesed several years ago. Since the game was released the company has released Sudden Strike 2 and 3. I'll keep looking.

Gary Sanders
                      Nixa, MO
                      Gary Sanders
                      Nixa, MO

Comment

Working...
                      X