X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From the Archives #18 (legs)

Richard Quinn
    Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Looks a bit like a young Jane Fonda...or a young Sigourney Weaver (who would have ben about 10 when the photo was taken).
    Wonder if she dented the hood?

63 Avanti R1 2788
    1914 Stutz Bearcat
    (George Barris replica)

Washington State
    63 Avanti R1 2788
    1914 Stutz Bearcat
    (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

I'm all yours, officer!

SnowLark
      In the middle of Minnestudea
      sigpic
      In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

It is the off-beat factory photos like these I love seeing![^] One can bet a pic like this would have never been published further than any of Studebaker's own internal publications. Thanks for giving us the opportunity to view these fine pictures that you have been posting.

Craig

Comment

Which roll bar or hood? JB

Comment

Not that I looked very closely, but one pair of legs have soft padding on the hood and the other pair has no padding to prevent scratching.

'50 Champion, 1 family owner

Comment

OK... I know I'll be the "oddball", but I really like those single headlamp 64's! []

The optional driver is fine as well...

<h5>Mark
              '57 Transtar Deluxe
              Vancouver Island Chapter
              http://visdc.shawwebspace.ca/ </h5>

Mark Hayden
              '66 Commander

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Studebaker Wheel

"More innovation from Studebaker means more benefits for you! The new 1964 Studebaker Marshall has a new lookout platform designed to give an eagle eye view of what's up ahead! No longer will large trucks block your view of the road ahead! With safety in mind, the padded extra heavy-duty handle bar has been tested with standing rider up to speeds of 140 miles per hour! Bring a friend to your nearest Studebaker dealer today and try out a new 1964 Studebaker Marshall!

SnowLark
                In the middle of Minnestudea
                sigpic
                In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

Then Mark, I guess you would not be too happy with a lot of us who are cutting up those 2 Hd. Lt. '64 Grille Panels to make the (much better looking) 4 Hd. Lt. ones, since the later are NLA! [:0]

StudeRich
                  StudeRich
                  Second Generation Stude Driver,
                  Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                  SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Mark youa re not alone! Single headlamps are the cooler look.
                    I've done my share of fabricating, and personally I would have built the roll bar in the passenger compartment. Hood mounted seems a little less effective, but what do I know.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by StudeRich

Then Mark, I guess you would not be too happy with a lot of us who are cutting up those 2 Hd. Lt. '64 Grille Panels to make the (much better looking) 4 Hd. Lt. ones, since the later are NLA! [:0]

StudeRich
                      No static from me Rich! It would be a boring world if we all wanted/liked exactly the same thing... While I have my own opinions about what I like, I enjoy the diversity and some of the interesting things folks do to "improve" their rides.

<h5>Mark
                      '57 Transtar Deluxe
                      Vancouver Island Chapter
                      http://visdc.shawwebspace.ca/ </h5>

Mark Hayden
                      '66 Commander

Comment

Wonder if they tossed the hood after these pictures because of all the scratches and dents...

<center>60S-W4 - 7E7-122
                        </center>

Comment

Those look like good year tires can't hardly make them out. Too bad the pic wasn't a little wider so we could see an R badge.

101st Airborne Div. 326 Engineers Ft Campbell Ky.

Comment

Great picture!

I sure can't remember seeing any shorts like that around where I grew up, in 1963!

Richard, your photo collection is amazing. I've been getting the TW for 23 years and most of the pictures you've posted here on the forum, I've never seen before! When I was new to the SDC you had an article in the TW on dealership photos. I wrote you and you sent me, with a request for a very reasonable payment, the photo of the Carl E. Filer Co. which is in my signature line below. I later met Carl E. Filer Jr. and he had that very photo in his scrapbook--the well-accessorized Champion convertible in the photo was red and was the car he drove as a senior in high school.

Thanks for all you do on the forum and all you've done for the SDC.

Bill Pressler
                            Kent, OH
                            '63 Lark Daytona Skytop R1 (sold new by Cordell Motors, Moorhead, MN)
                            '64 Daytona Hardtop (sold new by Carl E. Filer Co., Greenville, PA)

Bill Pressler
                            Kent, OH
                            (formerly Greenville, PA)
                            Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
                            Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
                            1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
                            1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
                            All are in Australia now

Comment

"Officer,please book me for speeding".

"QUIGLEY DOWN UNDER"
                              MELBOURNE.

\"QUIGLEY DOWN UNDER\"
                              MELBOURNE.

Comment

Working...
                              X