Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Avanti parts car for $3K, San Diego

Gotta be worth that:

Robert (Bob) Andrews- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys)
    Parish, central NY 13131

GOD BLESS AMERICA

I see wrapped parts in the front seat...

[img=left]http://members.cox.net/clarknovak/lark.gif[/img=left]

Clark in San Diego
    '63 F2/Lark Standard

The Official Website of the San Diego Chapter of the Studebaker Drivers Club. Serving San Diego County

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

quote:Originally posted by showbizkid

I see wrapped parts in the front seat...

Clark in San Diego
      '63 F2/Lark Standard

The Official Website of the San Diego Chapter of the Studebaker Drivers Club. Serving San Diego County

Bumpers and trim.

JDP/Maryland
      JDP Maryland

Comment

Bams, when my buddy and I were over in the US in August we went and looked and bought this car. We agreed on a price but the owner said he wanted cash and at the time we did'nt have all of it on us.So one of my buddies lives 20 miles from this guy and when we got back to Australia we wired my buddy the money so the owner of the Avanti could pick up cash which what he wanted. So after a lot of emails and unanswered phone calls it is still in limbo. Now I see it listed after we agreed on the sale 3months ago, I like the way he does business. Brian.

Brian Greenall
        Melbourne, OZ
        sigpic

Comment

Wow, that sucks! Caution, everybody.

Parish, central NY 13131

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

Hey! Is that the limited 'Baja Edition' Avanti?[]

Tom

'63 Avanti, zinc plated drilled & slotted 03 Mustang Cobra 13" front disc/98 GT rear brakes, 03 Cobra 17" wheels, GM alt, 97 Z28 leather seats, soon: TKO 5-spd, Ported heads w/SST full flow valves, 'R3' 276 cam, Edelbrock AFB Carb, GM HEI distributor, 8.8mm plug wires
            '63 Avanti R1, '03 Mustang Cobra 13" front disc/98 GT rear brakes, 03 Cobra 17" wheels, GM alt, 97 Z28 leather seats, TKO 5-spd, Ported heads w/SST full flow valves.
            Check out my disc brake adapters to install 1994-2004 Mustang disc brakes on your Studebaker!!
            http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...bracket-update
            I have also written many TECH how to articles, do a search for my Forum name to find them

Comment

Did it sell?

Comment

quote:Originally posted by royvaldez

Did it sell?

At least twice so far.

JDP/Maryland
                JDP Maryland

Comment

Bams,
                  Yeah it does suck. He's a weird dude. The cash for the car has been sitting a few miles from him since Sept. He just won't hook up with our buddy to collect the money! I even bought the fibreglass from SASCO to repair the car. I've given up e-mailing him.

Leon Martin, Australia.
                  Leon Martin, Australia.

Comment

Sounds like a head case, maybe lonely and looking for attention. If someone does get the deal done, do update us!

Parish, central NY 13131

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

quote:Originally posted by martincl

Bams,
                      Yeah it does suck. He's a weird dude. The cash for the car has been sitting a few miles from him since Sept. He just won't hook up with our buddy to collect the money! I even bought the fibreglass from SASCO to repair the car. I've given up e-mailing him.

Leon Martin, Australia.
                      I've been trying for several months myself, something fishy is going on and we may not be the only two. I had the same deal a few months back on a Packard Hawk, trying to schedule a buy and pickup. He'd delay for a few weeks, and I assumed he'd sold it, then call and find he still had it, but was busy. I did that for month or two and gave up trying to give him his asking price.
                      Even the Avanti I just parted out was a deal that went on for almost a year before the guys employee called and said they needed it gone. Sal headed out the same day and grabbed it before we were delayed again.

JDP/Maryland
                      JDP Maryland

Comment

Just spoke with the owner Rudy. It is still for sale. It has 170, 000 on the engine. I think that what he stated.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by royvaldez

Just spoke with the owner Rudy. It is still for sale. It has 170, 000 on the engine. I think that what he stated.
                          Funny last night he said it was mine,and to mail payment.

JDP/Maryland
                          JDP Maryland

Comment

John,
                            When Brian and I shook hands with Rudy on the deal last year he said he wanted cash otherwise I would have mailed payment as usual.
                            Be careful!

Leon Martin, Australia.
                            Leon Martin, Australia.

Comment

Sounds like a jerk, a scammer or both.

Clark in San Diego
                              '63 F2/Lark Standard

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
                              X