55 speedster all are k bodys?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 55 speedster all are k bodys?

Aren't all 55 speedsters k bodys ? It certainly appears that way.

quote:Originally posted by 14x7

Yes, all based on the President hardtop.

JDP/Maryland
    JDP Maryland

Comment

Wonder why studebaker didn't make the c body also?

Comment

I think the idea was a step up from the highest model line, the President HT.

JDP/Maryland
        JDP Maryland

Comment

All but this one [)] (Remember this FAKE Speedster on Ebay a few months ago?)

John

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Johnnywiffer

John
            I didn't see it. Other than by the numbers I guess, how is it fake? Just wondering[?]

Chris Dresbach

Chris Dresbach

Comment

It's a coupe. I've seen it, or one like it, and it was nice.
              Klif

55 Speedster
              63 Avanti R2
              63 Lark R2
              55 Speedster/Street Machine
              63 Avanti R2
              64 Convertible R1

Comment

And here's the real deal.

SnowLark
                In the middle of Minnestudea
                sigpic
                In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

I love two tone cars but I have never been able to warm up to the Lemon-Lime.

Is it a personal preference or an aquired taste? Who am I to talk.... I like the looks of a Saab96. Didn't always - it grew on me.

Jon Stalnaker
                  Editor, Hawk Talks
                  Karel Staple Chapter SDC
                  Jon Stalnaker
                  Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Comment

Chris,

for all the C/K bodies, here is the rule:

C = coupe = B pillar

K = hardtop = no B pillar

All 55 Speedsters were K bodies (hardtops)

The C or K (or J or W or Y, etc) is reflected in the cowl tag.

--george

1963 Lark Daytona HT - 63V J8 175
                    53-54 C/Ks, 55 Speedsters, 63 Daytonas, Wagonaires Registries

1963 Lark Daytona HT - 63V J8 175

Comment

Just for the halibut, here's one on eBay currently:

I've always loved them- all color combos, especially the lemon/lime; all that brightwork; and of course the really cool name[8D] What I REALLY don't like is the interior pattern[xx(]

I'd like to have one and keep it completely stock-appearing, but make and performance upgrade possible without altering it's appearance- thus making it live up to it's name[^]

Robert (Bob) Andrews- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys)
                      Parish, central NY 13131

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

I remember that C body speedster tribute. One of the best phantom ideas, and nicely executed.
                        I think it takes a Studebaker person to even notice the differences between the C and the K! Most people are too blown away by styling awesomeness to catch the details.

Comment

Less than 10 years ago at a York meet I saw either that coupe or one x atly that color with whitewalls same size and spokes like the pictured one. A dead on twin if not the same one. It was then owned by a fellow living near York. His name was Dave Parsons. He also owned a nice red T cab pickup. Any body here know him? jimmijim

Stude Junkie+++++++Do it right the f$$$$ Time. Never mind. Just do it right. When youre done your done. You'll know it.
                          sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Johnnywiffer

John
                            I really hate to see the word fake even in the same post as this car. It is a President coupe with Speedster trim. I think interior too. I would have done the same thing if I had the parts. Actually I prefer it to the speedster. Dave Parsons from near York Pa brought a car like this or it's twin to a York swap meet one year. He also owned a red T cab pickup. Any body know Dave. jimmijim

Stude Junkie+++++++Do it right the f$$$$ Time. Never mind. Just do it right. When youre done your done. You'll know it.
                            sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

quote:...I really hate to see the word fake even in the same post as this car...

Well, (My great-aunt said, "...never begin a sentence with 'well' unless you're talking about water...") while it does LOOK a lot like a Speedster, what would you call a car that has most Speedster atributes but is a model "C" with a Prez dash?

Phony? False? Counterfeit? Replica? Sham? Bogus? A "pseudo" Speedster? Take your choice or make up your own.

Any way you slice it, it ain't no Speedster. "Ask the man who owns one!"

John

Comment

Working...
                              X