'64 front fender repair jig

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '64 front fender repair jig

I finally decided to replace the front fenders on my '64 Daytona HT. Of course this opens up a HUGE can of worms: rebuild front end, add power steering, fix oil leak, replace rt. rocker, remove and repair minor rust in rear fenders, then paint!![B)] Here are some pix of the stand I made to make the welding easiernote the Hudson Jet head for extra stability!)

Excellent. Jigs and fixtures like that make many jobs doable instead of being hired out. I like your ballast, too.

[img=left]http://www.alink.com/personal/tbredehoft/Avatar1.jpg[/img=left]
    Tom Bredehoft
    '53 Commander Coupe (since 1959)
    '55 President (6H Y6) State Sedan
    ....On the road, again....
    '05 Legacy Ltd Wagon
    All Indiana built cars

Comment

Bruce, looks super and this is the kinda stuff I like to see going on in Stude rehab.hope to see more pics when it comes together !

Joseph R. Zeiger
      Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

Nice! I'll have to try that out for some fenders here sometime!

Dylan Wills
        [IMG][/IMG]
        '61 lark deluxe 4 door wagon
        Dylan Wills
        Everett, Wa.

1961 Lark 4 door wagon
        1961 Lark 4 door wagon #2 (Wife's car!)
        1955 VW Beetle (Went to the dark side)
        1914 Ford Model T

Comment

Bruce, what type of welding did you do to join these together? Did you drill holes through the fender and mig-weld through the hole to the inner fender? Or did you weld along the edge of the fender? Or other? I too have a 64 Daytona hardtop and I have new fenders to install (along with other rust issues). Its been 3 years since I had it on the road and I'm beginning to miss driving it. Perhaps that will give me enough incentive to get my butt in gear and make some progress on it. [8D]

1949 2R17
          R is for Rusty

In the middle of Minnesota
          sigpic
          In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

I drilled holes and MIG welded to the inner fender, in the same general area as the spot welds. I plan on using seam sealer on the seams before I paint.

Comment

Working...
            X