64 lark front turn signal lens availabilty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 64 lark front turn signal lens availabilty

I've been looking for some time now with no luck. Anybody know where I can get a set?

Dan Giblin
    Cincinnati, OH
    Dan Giblin
    Cincinnati, OH

Many or ANY of the Studebaker Vendors: studebakervendors.com

1356226 Right & 227 Left.

StudeRich
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Clear or amber Dan????

Bob Peterson / C & B Studebakers

Castro Valley, CA
      canbstudebakers-
      Candbstudebakers
      Castro Valley,
      California

Comment

Check with Chuck Collins, as I believe he is reproducing the clear ones.
        Bo

Comment

I did see them on Studebakerparts.com Thanks!

Bob I think it had clear, do you have some good used ones? The Daytona is looking really good. I'm starting to put it back together now. Hopefully I'll have it together in a few months.

Anybody know what some were clear and some amber?

Dan Giblin
          Cincinnati, OH
          Dan Giblin
          Cincinnati, OH

Comment

The Feds had mandated amber parking lights beginning in 1963, and the 63 Studes came with amber lenses and clear bulbs. The 64s originally came with clear lenses and amber bulbs, but some states (NY, Mass, and DC as a recall) wouldn't give them inspection stickers. So Stude produced amber lenses and issued a service bulletin allowing dealers to replace the clear lenses at no charge. The Feds ultimately revised their guidance to make it clear that either color lens was acceptable as long as the light emitted was amber. So most 64s could be said to be more "correct" with clear lenses and amber bulbs, but either is accepatable.

Skip Lackie
            Washington DC
            Skip Lackie

Comment

If I remember correctly the passenger side is a lot harder to find than the driver. I probably have 2 spare drivers side NOS lens, but I have a cracked used passenger lens on my car.

Nick

Comment

U.S. (South Bend) built '64 cars have clear, Canadian built U.S. Imports have Amber, I do not know about Canadian sold units but probably the same.

The Service letter must have been very late in the year and may have never been implemented, or maybe just never happened West of the Rockies, or even was released AFTER Canadian Production began.

So as Skip said: "So most 64s could be said to be more "correct" with clear lenses and amber bulbs"

StudeRich
                StudeRich
                Second Generation Stude Driver,
                Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Dan if I can remember to look tomorrow I will see what I have, I know I have box full of the rear and back up lenses nos...Bob

Bob Peterson / C & B Studebakers

Castro Valley, CA
                  canbstudebakers-
                  Candbstudebakers
                  Castro Valley,
                  California

Comment

quote:Originally posted by StudeRich

U.S. (South Bend) built '64 cars have clear, Canadian built U.S. Imports have Amber, I do not know about Canadian sold units but probably the same.

The Service letter must have been very late in the year and may have never been implemented, or maybe just never happened West of the Rockies, or even was released AFTER Canadian Production began.

So as Skip said: "So most 64s could be said to be more "correct" with clear lenses and amber bulbs"
                    As I've said before regarding my Canadian built Commander, take this with a grain of salt because it's 46 years old. It was sold new here in FL and has clear lenses. Built in Hamilton.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Tom - Mulberry, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2161.27)

1964 Studebaker Commander 170-1V, 3-speed w/OD (Cost to Date: $623.67)

Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
                    1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

quote:Originally posted by StudeRich

StudeRich
                      Here is a thread from 2008 that includes the text of the April 1964 (ie, after South Bend production ceased) Service Letter that I mentioned. Note that the states rejecting Studes with clear parking light lenses included Caliifornia.

Skip Lackie
                      Washington DC
                      Skip Lackie

Comment

I'm sure I have at least 1 set each of clear and amber 64' Lark-type lenses....NOS and some used. I can/will bring to York if wanted..

Comment

Working...
                        X