C-Cab hood safety latch spring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C-Cab hood safety latch spring

Anybody know how to install this? I changed hood and I'm having a heck of a time getting the spring in and everything lined up. Any suggestions would help. Thanks

Oldndragon

1949 2R
    1959 4E

I can't remember which one of my vehicles I did this on, but I think it would probably work on the truck. I had one of the safety springs to break and the safety catch was just flopping around. I took a spring from one of those old wooden clothes pins and made one. That was several years ago and it is still working. I think it was on my '48 coupe. If your spring is good, it is just a matter of fiddling around until you get the spring, pin, and catch holes lined up. It can be frustrating, but just stay with it and you'll finally get it. Just try to avoid dropping the hood on your head while you are at it.

John Clary
    Greer, SC

Life... is what happens as you are making plans.
    SDC member since 1975
    John Clary
    Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

This is the way mine was installed. The ends of the spring are at the red arrows and the front of the truck is on the right.

Rick
      Kingman, AZ

"Leroy"
      Happy is he who knows the cause of things
      Rick
      Kingman, AZ

Comment

Thanks for the help. It was just a matter of knowing the way and your pictures help out alot! Thanks again!

Comment

Working...
        X