Hood Q and hoepully A

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hood Q and hoepully A

I have a 52 commander 2 door hard top body I just mounted 51 front fenders on and a 50 center piece with a 50 hood just sitting on top and it appears that the hinge set up for the hood is different from one year to the other.
    Was hopeing that someone here has done this or has any insight as to an easy fix, Two threaded studs on the hood interfereing with the cowl is the first clue to it not just bolting on.

Thanks,

Dean.

Dean,
    The only thing unique about 52's is the trunk hinges, not hood hinges.
    I did not check the parts book, but believe the '52 uses the same hood hinges as the '50, so can not understand why you are having that issue. Maybe Ray or some of the other real gurus here can help.

Barry'd in Studes

Comment

The hinges may very well be the same. The cowls may very well be different..? There's a reason everybody is saying this 50 to 52 swap will be difficult for you.
      Dean I know you dont't have a 50 cowl there to look at but I think you need to find one and do some checking. Or do you still have the 52 hood and so can comapre where the studs are vs rear edge of hood?

Comment

I do still have all the 52 stuff so I'll have to dig out the other hood and see.
        51 Fenders to the body bolted right on as well as the 50 center piece to the fenders.

So far no real dificulties but I'll have to figure this hinge thing out.

Thanks,

Dean.

Comment

Working...
        X