sensitive brakes Avanti 1963

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sensitive brakes Avanti 1963

Single reservoir M/C, power steering, brakes are very sensitive and require very little pressure. IIRC it's got to do with the brake booster. Had a similar problem on a Plymouth '66 years ago...but memory is slipping...

quote:Originally posted by long1776

Single reservoir M/C, power steering, brakes are very sensitive and require very little pressure. IIRC it's got to do with the brake booster. Had a similar problem on a Plymouth '66 years ago...but memory is slipping...
    I guess that you mean a 1966 Plymouth. I know that 1966-1969 Plymouth Valiants (Dodge Darts) had super sensitive power brakes. I do not think that this is analogous to your Avanti problem. My guess is that your master cylinder was replaced with one with a check valve that wasn't removed or your front calipers are not properly centered to the discs.

Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer
    Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

What do you mean by sensitive? Any lockup or pulling?

I do know what you mean with the Plymouth but once you got used to the pressure needed things felt normal.

Is this something that just started happening? Any changes or repairs that might have changed the way they feel?

ErnieR

R2 R5388 @ Macungie 2006________________ 1988 "Beater" Avanti

Comment

Working...
      X