wiper arm holding thingees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wiper arm holding thingees

I replaced my vacuum wiper motor with an electrical unit. It went back together just like the original and there was two washer looking thingees attached with a spring that held the arms onto the motor spinning gizmo. [?]

My driver side wiper arm quit on me the other day and the connecting arm had slipped off because the washers and springy thingee fell off. Since I obviously do not know what to call this thingee, it makes it hard to find a replacement. [:I] I looked in the SI catalog and the closest thing I could find that matches the description of the thingee was part number 262609. However, it states that it is for a different vehicle than mine. Mine is a 49 2R5.

Do I need to find this exact part or can I substitute with something else? Is it necessary to have these two clips attached with the spring? Can I just put some sort of c clips on the shafts and be done with it?

Looking forward to the wisdom of this forum to enlighten this novice.

Jon Stalnaker
    Editor, Hawk Talks
    Karel Staple Chapter SDC
    Jon Stalnaker
    Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Hi...I think it might be called a "WIPER RETAINER PLATE AND SPRING ASSEMBLY"..........John

Comment

thingy jimmijim

Stude Junkie+++++++Do it right the f$$$$ Time. Never mind. Just do it right. When youre done your done. You'll know it.
      sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

Working...
      X