Rewired-now flasher weak/slow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rewired-now flasher weak/slow

Finished with my rewiring of the 48 Landcruiser. Everything started up and worked fine (Except headlights were on all the time - minor change in position where it connected on the light switch fixed that). The one area of interest is that the left directional is weak at best, and verrrry slow between blinks. The right is more stable, but is not rapid by any means. I didn't have problems before that I remember...but also didn't replace the wiring up to the directional switch. Any ideas?

1952 Champion
    1948 Land Cruiser
    1929 GE Dictator
    1938 Commander (great-grandfathers)
    1948 Commander (great-grandmothers)

check all the ground wires and connections should work as before. one other thing check flasher

Comment

Fixed load flashers are pretty persnickety. Even a very minor issue, such as a little extra resistance in the circuit, an incorrect bulb (even a dash indicator), can make a difference. Double check your connections and grounds, especially on the left side, and make sure to check for proper flash rate with the engine running (electrical system voltage also plays in). Signals should flash at approximately the same speed on both sides. Hope this helps... LH

Straight from the horse's mouth
      Whirling dervish of misinformation.

Comment

Working...
      X