• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SUPER RARE STUDEBAKER TRUNK !

when i say trunk i mean trunk!

http://montana.craigslist.org/for/1534309557.html

John C.Stroud

I'm not a prewar guy at all, but that looks like a much newer design than 1930s. I hope we have some confirmation on this one from Studebaker Wheel. The real ones don't come out too often. Nice find for that price if it's legit.

Comment

Looks right to me. jimmijim

Stude Junkie+++++++Do it right the f$$$$ Time. Never mind. Just do it right. When youre done your done. You'll know it.
      sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

Bet it's gone allready!

Dean.

Comment

quote:newer design than 1930s
          Brad Johnson,
          SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
          Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
          '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
          '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Looks good to me. Could be late 20's, even.

Terry

Comment

I thought maybe it was a later reproduction. Hard to tell from those pictures. Zero detail.

Comment

Packards were available with trunk racks as late as 1939. It follows that trunks would be available, too. The Feb. issue of Hemmings Classic Car magazine has three Packards a '35, '37 'and '39 with trunk racks.

Terry

Comment

This reminds me of a conversation I overheard at the National Meet this year. The wife and I were looking at one of those pre-war's with the trunk mounted on the rear (can't remember which car specifically) and there were a couple of ladies marvelling about what a primitive setup it was and how it is remarkable that the term "trunk" has survived this far in car production when they have no reseblance to what they came from (other than holding junk). I find it amazing that if you did not have that option, you had nowhere to put your suff, other than the passenger compartment. I see now why they made them standard!

1963 Lark, 259 V8, two-tone paint, Twin Traction. Garaged for winter, receiving maintence for spring. (oh, and that there is my buddy, Nixon)

Comment

Posting has been deleted.

58 Packard Wagons
                    63 Lark R2
                    62 Lark Skytop

Comment

Working...
                    X