SASCO move? updates?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SASCO move? updates?

Whats happening? Any news on when they have to be out and will everything get moved? Is Ed planning a leftovers sale?

I think it was mentioned that Ed will have a sale sometime during the Winter season.

Joseph R. Zeiger
    Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

The move is coming right along. We are supposed to be out by 2/15, but may con the city to letting us stay longer and finish. Ed will be having a big sale for all the leftover stuff and everybody will be able to see the whole building I guess.

Chris Dresbach

Chris Dresbach

Comment

Poor choice of words Chris. The city may be willing to give you an extention of time if (as I'm sure you can) you can demonstrate your progress and explain how maybe another month and all is gone.

If they read your comments, I don't think you'd get an extention.

John Clements
        Avantilover, your South Australian Studebaker lover!!!
        Lockleys South Australia
        John Clements
        Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

We're about 2/3 finished with the move. The sheetmetal is done and the metal shelving with the bin stock will be completed within the next week. That's the slowest part of the move. We're trying to sort and arrange as much as possible during the move so it won't have to be done later. A representative from the city has visited and is pleased with the progress we've made. If necessary, I'm certain they will give us an extension to the February 15 deadline for completing the move. Although I don't plan on leaving anything, I too want to have this move completed as soon as possible so that we can get on with the job of sorting and making this inventory of parts available again. I am also not in a position to continue to afford 16 additional employees that are working on the move as well as the 11 employees in Greenfield for very long past February 15.

Although I'd originally hoped to have a sale at the end of the move, I have since decided to wait and have these items available during our opening at the meet in May. The primary reason is that there isn't very much that we're getting rid of. I can't justify asking people to drive long distances for only a handful of parts most of which aren't that saleable anyway. In addition, a sale will take a lot of time to prepare for and will delay the completion of the move. Right now I just want to get this done so that we can move on. As previously mentioned, items that would be in the sale will still be available at he May meet in South Bend. We will be open then at the new location and all of these items will be available there.

Ed Reynolds

Comment

Ed, on behalf of Keystone Region, thanks for the update and the ever present "CAN DO" attitude. We know that this is a massive under taking on your part both from a financial and human resources basis. Once it is all done, all Studebaker folks will thank you for saving all of the parts and uncovering many unknown treasures that have been hidden for many years. We look forward to seeing you in York in about 6 weeks all be it on a smaller basis this year. Again we say THANK YOU for the effort you are making.
            sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

Hats off to you and all of SI, Ed. Thanks for the work you are putting to preserve this stock. I cannot imagine how hard it is to move all that stuff. Thanks for keeping us up on your progress.

Joe Roberts
              '61 R1 Champ
              '65 Cruiser
              Editor of "The Down Easterner"
              Eastern North Carolina Chapter
              Joe Roberts
              '61 R1 Champ
              '65 Cruiser
              Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

Let's hope that the city of South Bend will let us tour the engineering building at the time of the May meet. I havent had the oppurtunity to visit this building.

1949 2R17
                R is for Rusty

In the middle of Minnesota
                sigpic
                In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

I'll be looking forward to seeing the stash in May.

[img=left]http://www.alink.com/personal/tbredehoft/Avatar1.jpg[/img=left]
                  Tom Bredehoft
                  '53 Commander Coupe (since 1959)
                  '55 President (6H Y6) State Sedan
                  ....On the road, again....
                  '05 Legacy Ltd Wagon
                  All Indiana built cars

Comment

quote:Originally posted by stratovue

A representative from the city has visited and is pleased with the progress we've made.
                    Ed Reynolds
                    Inks.[}][xx(] (The "representative" is not exactly my favorite person. Personally, I don't think he knows what he is talking about. Ok, that's all Ill say.[V])

Chris Dresbach

Chris Dresbach

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Chris_Dresbach

Inks.

Robert (Bob) Andrews- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys)
                      Parish, central NY 13131

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

Chris, quit picking on the mayor of South Bend as he may be a lurker here. [8D]

1949 2R17
                        R is for Rusty

sigpic
                        In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Milaca

Chris, quit picking on the mayor of South Bend as he may be a lurker here. [8D]

1949 2R17
                          R is for Rusty

Na, not the mayor, guy below him. Don Inks.[V]

Chris Dresbach

Chris Dresbach

Comment

quote:Originally posted by stratovue

...there isn't very much that we're getting rid of.

Ed Reynolds
                            Those are comforting words. Hats off too you and your staff. I am looking forward to doing business with S.I. far into the forseeable future. LH

Straight from the horse's mouth
                            Whirling dervish of misinformation.

Comment

Thank you Ed for helping out the Studebaker world and going the extra mile to save the parts.

However, I find it very disappointing that Chris will openly make jabs at individuals within the government of South Bend. Sure they don't make the list of most-liked individuals in the Stude crowd, but Chris running his mouth is just going to give them a further reason to dislike us and Ed.

Comment

Working...
                              X