Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a brand X color that matches....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there a brand X color that matches....

...the Studebaker color Riviara Blue? I got to do some spot painting, and a matching (or close) would be the most economical. This is for a like the inner fenders, ect.

Thanks!

Dylan Wills

'61 lark deluxe 4 door wagon
    Dylan Wills
    Everett, Wa.

1961 Lark 4 door wagon
    1961 Lark 4 door wagon #2 (Wife's car!)
    1955 VW Beetle (Went to the dark side)
    1914 Ford Model T

Huge supplier of Automotive Paint, Auto Body Supplies, Airbrush Equipment, Car Detailing Supplies, Pinstripe Paint, Spray Guns & Safety Respirators at Wholesale Prices. Our items are factory direct and we carry a wide variety of Top Quality Brands.

Ted
    '57 Champion

Comment

This is a great site, but it doesn't have '65 or '66 colors.[V] I tried to find the Laurantine (sp?) Green for my Cruiser. When it comes time for my truck I may consult the site again.

Joe Roberts
      '61 R1 Champ
      '65 Cruiser
      Editor of "The Down Easterner"
      Eastern North Carolina Chapter
      Joe Roberts
      '61 R1 Champ
      '65 Cruiser
      Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

I was looking for Turquoise paint for my Avanti and a PPG Dealer was able to go into their data base and match it. Painted under the trunk and hood to test. Perfect match. The Dupont supplier couldn't match it.
        Look for one in your area and see if they have it or can match it.

New Jersey & Studes Perfect Together

Comment

Thanks for posting that link, I've priced out new paint for my car already! I forgot to clarify though, I want it in rattle cans if I can find it, as I don't have my own spray equipment yet. I have heard paint shops can make you aerasole cans, true?

Dylan Wills

Dylan Wills
          Everett, Wa.

1961 Lark 4 door wagon
          1914 Ford Model T

Comment

A good paint shop should be able to put mixed paint in a spray can. I had this done once when I had some "greige" paint for my dash mixed. They couldn't put hardener in it so the end result did not have as much gloss as what you would get if you mixed the paint/reducer/hardener and sprayed it with a gun. In the end, that color turned out not what I wanted and I ended up getting a normal qt of something else and doing the full paint/reducer/hardener job with my touchup gun instead. The cost to do the spray cans if I recall was about 2x or more what a similar spray can of paint off the shelf would be. I think at that time something like $10-$12 each.

Jeff in ND

'53 Champion Hardtop

Jeff in ND

Comment

Hmmm,ok, thanks!! Maybe I'll just make my friends paint gun dissapear for awhile if I can't find anything,LOL!! [)]

Dylan Wills

Dylan Wills
              Everett, Wa.

1961 Lark 4 door wagon
              1914 Ford Model T

Comment

A paint supplier should be able to mix it with no problem if it is a factory color, they can also scan something on your car and get a match that way. They should also be able to put it in a spray can without a problem. If you want something in a spray can, go with an enamel. All urethanes require hardener which you can't have in a spray can. Our local PPG supplier has the equipment to do all this.
                Wayne
                "Trying to shed my CASO ways"

sigpic​

Comment

You may find a modern shade that's "close enough", too. One of the Hamilton Chapter guys had a '61 in what looked like Riviera Blue but was, as he informed me, a Ford truck colour instead...looked just fine.

S.

Comment

I recall seeing Ford pickups from the mid to late 1970's with a light blue very similar to your wagon, Dylan. It may have been called Sky Blue....or was it Baby Blue? Sorry, I'm of no help. [B)][8D]

1949 2R17
                    R is for Rusty

In the middle of Minnesota
                    sigpic
                    In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

Actually, that may help! Thanks! Duplicolor sells stuff, but it is only domestic, and as we all know, Studebaker left that club a long time ago. I'll look into it!

Dylan Wills

Dylan Wills
                      Everett, Wa.

1961 Lark 4 door wagon
                      1914 Ford Model T

Comment

If you have an air compressor, go to harbor freight and buy a touch up gun for $15-$20. There is a CASO way to do a paint job. Did my 34 Chevy street rod with one, came out great. Just be sure to buy filters for the air lines. Color sand with 600 or 1000 sandpaper to make it shine. This was my 4th paint job ever.

101st Airborne Div. 326 Engineers Ft Campbell Ky.

Comment

More people should try to satisfy themselves with the owner applied paint job. Just need to get ones feet wet. jimmijim

Stude Junkie+++++++Do it right the f$$$$ Time. Never mind. Just do it right. When youre done your done. You'll know it.
                          sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

Tower Paint can mix Riveria Blue and put it in a spray can. I had them mix me a sample of it a couple of years ago but not in a spray can. I might have some left. I don't have their phone number with me at home but will check at the shop for it and also see if I can find any paint. Some body else might have the number.

Don

Comment

Spray Equipment??
                              I started out with a cheap air brush and a big inner-tube. Every time I needed more air I rode my bike down to the "filling station" on the corner. After a while I up-graded to a compressor I took out of a old freezer. The inner-tube rotted out years ago, but I still use the old compressor on small jobs.
                              "Those were the days."
                              Jed
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X