1954 Studebaker Porsche Concept car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1954 Studebaker Porsche Concept car

Check this following web site out , it has Concept cars from the 30's on up to the 80's . I found for 1954 Studebaker Porsche you can see the influence of Porsche in the front end design all in all not a very good looking car but interesting none the less .

Also a 1962 Studebaker called the Sceptre a far cry from the Lark with a lot different body styling.

[u]http://www.autoweteran.gower.pl/concept_timeline.html </u>

I find the Sceptre a pretty nice looking design far different from the Lark in 1962 , to bad they never got a chance to try it out on the public I think it would of been a hit with its advanced styling.

Portal ogólnotematyczny - pozycjonowanie, seo, informatyka, kryptowaluty, finanse, gsm, youtube, baza wiedzy itp.

The 54 Studebaker Porsche on the other hand just don't do it for me, but it does make me wonder what advances they had in mind with the influence of Porsche involved.

Comment

Heres the 54 Studebaker Porsche...

Portal ogólnotematyczny - pozycjonowanie, seo, informatyka, kryptowaluty, finanse, gsm, youtube, baza wiedzy itp.

Comment

Chris Dresbach

Chris Dresbach

Comment

I'm just guessing all we got to go on is the photo here but I'd say this was probably a lot smaller then the standard size sedans and more of a compact.

quote:Originally posted by Chris_Dresbach

Chris Dresbach

Comment

Comment

Heres the History on a 1959 "REAR ENGINE LARK" Curtis Wright was fronting the bill and they had plans on it going to a Rotory engine.

This website is for sale! automotivehistoryonline.com is your first and best source for information about automotivehistoryonline. Here you will also find topics relating to issues of general interest. We hope you find what you are looking for!

Comment

The Sceptere is in the SNM. There is a good article in Special Interest Autos on the Porsche prototype. It was done in the '80's I think.

R2Andy
                R2Andrea

Comment

Wow! That Porche concept is pretty interesting! Not that I'd by one, or build one for that matter, but pretty neat none the less! Thanks for posting!

Dylan Wills

'61 lark deluxe 4 door wagon
                  Dylan Wills
                  Everett, Wa.

1961 Lark 4 door wagon
                  1961 Lark 4 door wagon #2 (Wife's car!)
                  1955 VW Beetle (Went to the dark side)
                  1914 Ford Model T

Comment

I always thought the Studebaker/Porsche wasn't a bad looking car. The bumper is a little heavy looking. To bad they couldn't have gotten it, or something similar, into production by the end of the 60's. Maybe could have been a good seller when the gas crunch of the 70's arrived! Getting the jump on the Japanese imports and just what they needed to survive!

1957 Golden Hawk
                    "Studebaker? they dont make them anymore"
                    sigpic1957 Golden Hawk

Comment

Quite a bit of Porsche concept (designated Porsche design #542) info in the book "Studebaker, The Post War Years" by Richard Langworth. Pages 67-70, including tech-specs.

Roger "153624" Hill

55 Champion
                      47 M-5
                      Izzer Buggy
                      Junior Wagon
                      Roger Hill

60 Lark Vlll, hardtop, black/red, Power Kit, 3 spd. - "Juliette"
                      61 Champ Deluxe, 6, black/red, o/d, long box. - "Jeri"
                      Junior Wagon - "Junior"

"In the end, dear undertaker,
                      Ride me in a Studebaker"

Comment

That Studebaker/Porsche prototype that Gary Ash wrote about is on the lower level of the SNM. I saw it in '07.
                        The Sceptre would have been a sensation if it were ever to be introduced. Unfortunately, Studebaker never had the cash to launch such a terrific auto.
                        As a matter of fact, it would still be contemporary today.
                        Rog

'59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
                        Smithtown,NY
                        Long Island Studebaker Club
                        '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
                        Smithtown,NY
                        Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

The Sceptre was to be the replacement for the Hawk not the Lark.

Dan White
                          64 R1 GT
                          64 R2 GT
                          Dan White
                          64 R1 GT
                          64 R2 GT
                          58 C Cab
                          57 Broadmoor (Marvin)

Comment

Working...
                          X