Trim level of this 64?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trim level of this 64?

This picture was taken in the summer of 1969 right after a $39.99 repaint. It really turned out good. But then I had removed all the chrome and trim I could, and prepped the car for painting. This car had come back to S.B. from CA, it was high mileage and the brown paint was shot. No rust anywhere. By the time this picture was taken it had received a 289 from a 1963 junk Daytona donor car. I rebuilt the engine in my barn and drove the 64 until I swapped the engine over a weekend. This car was trouble free and in 1973 was traded in. In only four years the Northern Indiana winters were taking their toll.

Anyway, I digress. All I remember about this car was it was a 3 speed V8. I know the picture is really poor but can anyone identify the trim level? Commander, Challenger, etc?

Dick
    Mountain Home, AR

Dick
    Mountain Home, AR
    http://www.livingintheozarks.com/studebaker2.htm

That appears to be a Commander, based on the side trim and the nameplate. However, if you look closely, the image is printed from the wrong side of the negative. The Commander script is backwards, the antenna and mirror are on the wrong side of the car and the wipers point the wrong way.

Jim Bradley
    '64 Daytona HT "Rerun"
    Jim Bradley
    Lake Monticello, VA
    '78 Avanti II
    sigpic

Comment

That appears to be a Commander, based on the side trim and the nameplate. However, if you look closely, the image is printed from the wrong side of the negative. The Commander script is backwards, the antenna and mirror are on the wrong side of the car and the wipers point the wrong way.

Jim Bradley
      '64 Daytona HT "Rerun"
      Jim Bradley
      Lake Monticello, VA
      '78 Avanti II
      sigpic

Comment

It should look like this...

Jim Bradley
        '64 Daytona HT "Rerun"
        Jim Bradley
        Lake Monticello, VA
        '78 Avanti II
        sigpic

Comment

It should look like this...

Jim Bradley
          '64 Daytona HT "Rerun"
          Jim Bradley
          Lake Monticello, VA
          '78 Avanti II
          sigpic

Comment

You're right, I had just scanned the slide and when there is a 50/50 chance, I'll lose every time. Very sharp observation. Anyway Jim, thanks.

Dick
            Mountain Home, AR

Dick
            Mountain Home, AR

Comment

You're right, I had just scanned the slide and when there is a 50/50 chance, I'll lose every time. Very sharp observation. Anyway Jim, thanks.

Dick
              Mountain Home, AR

Dick
              Mountain Home, AR

Comment

Working...
              X