'60 Lark on the way to Bob...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '60 Lark on the way to Bob...

bams50 Lark loaded today from here in Bellingham, WA for his place in New York. Great communication and driver as always from Peg Trucking

Dick Steinkamp
    Bellingham, WA

Man, that thread title had my heart jumping for a moment![B)]

Miscreant adrift in
    the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Man, that thread title had my heart jumping for a moment![B)]

Miscreant adrift in
      the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
      1960 Larkvertible V8
      1958 Provincial wagon
      1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

That's what I like to see - another good Studebaker headed for New York State.

It looks like it will get a top ride. It can drip oil on whatever lowly cars end up below it <G>. Seriously, a top ride yields a lot less damage, vandalism and pilferage.

Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

1959 DeLuxe pickup (restomod)
        Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
        Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

That's what I like to see - another good Studebaker headed for New York State.

It looks like it will get a top ride. It can drip oil on whatever lowly cars end up below it <G>. Seriously, a top ride yields a lot less damage, vandalism and pilferage.

Gary L.
          Wappinger, NY

1959 DeLuxe pickup (restomod)
          Gary L.
          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
          Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

quote:Originally posted by studegary
            Yep, it's in it's final resting place for the cross country trip. Top rear position. There are two spots in front of the lark (between it and the two cars already loaded). Those are filled by driving under the Lark then up. Who ever engineered these trucks was a genius [^].

Dick Steinkamp
            Bellingham, WA

Comment

quote:Originally posted by studegary
              Yep, it's in it's final resting place for the cross country trip. Top rear position. There are two spots in front of the lark (between it and the two cars already loaded). Those are filled by driving under the Lark then up. Who ever engineered these trucks was a genius [^].

Dick Steinkamp
              Bellingham, WA

Comment

I'm really excited about getting her here! [][^] Got her warm, dry place of honor in my best garage all ready to go!!

Plans are to bring her to SB; between now and then I'm planning to yank the seats and mats, patch and POR the floor, put in new carpet and seat covers, push that dent in the LR door out some, do valve guide seals, and we'll see what else...

Thanks again to Dick; she's definitely going to a loving home! [^]

Robert K. Andrews Owner- IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
                Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

I'm really excited about getting her here! [][^] Got her warm, dry place of honor in my best garage all ready to go!!

Plans are to bring her to SB; between now and then I'm planning to yank the seats and mats, patch and POR the floor, put in new carpet and seat covers, push that dent in the LR door out some, do valve guide seals, and we'll see what else...

Thanks again to Dick; she's definitely going to a loving home! [^]

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

Still got the 57; in (inside) storage for winter...

When I bought this Lark wagon- which was what I was originally looking for- I told the better half I was going to try the 57 on eBay again in the Spring... to my total surprise, she said I could buy whatever I want but she really wanted to keep the 57!

She's a great sport about whatever I do, but not that interested in old cars; but the 57 has captured her fancy! (She says the way the front bumper dips it looks like it's talking [)]) So it looks like it stays as a stable-mate to the Larks...

Plans for the summer are to install the Turner brake kit I bought, and make it drivable for this summer; business expansion process will determine just how much will get done this year [xx(] But you can be assured it also has a home here on the IoMT!!

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

Still got the 57; in (inside) storage for winter...

When I bought this Lark wagon- which was what I was originally looking for- I told the better half I was going to try the 57 on eBay again in the Spring... to my total surprise, she said I could buy whatever I want but she really wanted to keep the 57!

She's a great sport about whatever I do, but not that interested in old cars; but the 57 has captured her fancy! (She says the way the front bumper dips it looks like it's talking [)]) So it looks like it stays as a stable-mate to the Larks...

Plans for the summer are to install the Turner brake kit I bought, and make it drivable for this summer; business expansion process will determine just how much will get done this year [xx(] But you can be assured it also has a home here on the IoMT!!

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

5859, see above reply; once again, got posted above- out of order- for some reason...

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

5859, see above reply; once again, got posted above- out of order- for some reason...

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

Funny, I just saw Peg has mentioned the "Studebaker Collectors group" on her web page. She asked me if she could mention SDC, and I suggested she not do that, but she could mention Studebaker collectors and that what she came up with.

We are about the most popular make she ships, bet that does not happen with most shippers.

64 Commander 2 dr.
                            64 Daytona HT
                            63 R2 4 speed GT Hawk (Black) #2
                            63 Avanti R1
                            63 Daytona convert
                            63 Lark 2 door
                            63 Lark 2 door #2
                            62 Daytona HT/ 4 speed
                            62 Lark 2 door
                            62 GT Hawk 4 speed
                            60 Lark HT
                            60 Hawk
                            59 3E truck
                            52 Starliner
                            51 Commander

JDP Maryland

Comment

Funny, I just saw Peg has mentioned the "Studebaker Collectors group" on her web page. She asked me if she could mention SDC, and I suggested she not do that, but she could mention Studebaker collectors and that what she came up with.

We are about the most popular make she ships, bet that does not happen with most shippers.

64 Commander 2 dr.
                              64 Daytona HT
                              63 R2 4 speed GT Hawk (Black) #2
                              63 Avanti R1
                              63 Daytona convert
                              63 Lark 2 door
                              63 Lark 2 door #2
                              62 Daytona HT/ 4 speed
                              62 Lark 2 door
                              62 GT Hawk 4 speed
                              60 Lark HT
                              60 Hawk