51 and 66

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 51 and 66

I have been playing around with the picture thing.

The sizes didn't come out right for some reason.

I have talked about these cars asked questions etc., for a long time, thought it was high time I shared them with you

The two tone car is my 64-66 R1 clone. It started out life as a 66 Commander Chevybaker. After an accident, I decided to turn it into a 64 The engine in the second picture is a 63 full flow 259 block witha 289 crank. I'm running semi dish pistons, 500 edelbrock, R2+ cam, flowmaster exhaust, and American racing wheels. This winter the red is diappearing, I have been stipping and hanging the doorsand hood. I'll post more pictures as I progress more.

The other is a mostly all original 51 State Commander that I inherited from my grandfather. It has 38000 original miles and is a nice driver.

66 Commander R1 Clone
    51 Commander 4dr
    1962 Champ

51 Commander 4 door

Very nice!!!!!

Dylan Wills

'61 lark deluxe 4 door wagon
    Dylan Wills
    Everett, Wa.

1961 Lark 4 door wagon
    1961 Lark 4 door wagon #2 (Wife's car!)
    1955 VW Beetle (Went to the dark side)
    1914 Ford Model T

Comment

Two very nice cars.

Comment

Two very nice cars.

Comment

Thanks for sharing Kurt. I really like your theme
          on the 64-66 car.

Tex E. Grier

Comment

Both great cars! [8D]

Having a car with family history is VERY special. Often they are handed down and then just sold or trashed. Kudos on you for making it a keepsake.

I like the idea of a Stude V8 in the '66 as much as I like the idea of a Chevy in a pre '65 Stude...(and I like those A LOT []). Something different, but tasteful...like what you are doing...is a wining combo!

Keep the pictures coming.

Dick Steinkamp
            Bellingham, WA

Dick Steinkamp
            Bellingham, WA

Comment

Geez, Dick. You GOT your point across![}]

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
              1963 Cruiser
              1960 Larkvertible V8
              1958 Provincial wagon
              1953 Commander coupe
              1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

I don't know if you know this or not, but pixel size and inches seldom mate up. When it comes to digital imagining I advise people work in pixel size, and to think of the old sewers adage about adjusting the length of a pair of pants - you can make them shorter, but you can't make them bigger and have them still look right.

If you are using a photoshop-like product, try working in pixels and you'll find it easier to get the sizes were you want them.

By the way, the cars are beautiful.

quote:Originally posted by Kurt

I have been playing around with the picture thing.

I have talked about these cars asked questions etc., for a long time, thought it was high time I shared them with you

The two tone car is my 64-66 R1 clone. It started out life as a 66 Commander Chevybaker. After an accident, I decided to turn it into a 64 The engine in the second picture is a 63 full flow 259 block witha 289 crank. I'm running semi dish pistons, 500 edelbrock, R2+ cam, flowmaster exhaust, and American racing wheels. This winter the red is diappearing, I have been stipping and hanging the doorsand hood. I'll post more pictures as I progress more.

The other is a mostly all original 51 State Commander that I inherited from my grandfather. It has 38000 original miles and is a nice driver.

66 Commander R1 Clone
                51 Commander 4dr
                Stu K

'63 Lark Regal, "Miss Rose"

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Mr.Biggs

Geez, Dick. You GOT your point across![}]

Sorry about the triple post. I didn't get any sort of error...posted quickly as normal. I guess I'd better check after each post.

Dick Steinkamp
                  Bellingham, WA

Dick Steinkamp
                  Bellingham, WA

Comment

quote:I have been playing around with the picture thing.
                    Where are you posting your pictures from?

Jerry Forrester
                    Forrester's Chrome
                    Douglasville, Georgia
                    Jerry Forrester
                    Forrester's Chrome
                    Douglasville, Georgia

See all of Buttercup's pictures at https://imgur.com/a/tBjGzTk

Comment

The picture of the 51 is a classic. No busy background and a very nice balance of colors. That one could be a cover car.

Doug
                      Venice, Florida
                      1950 Champion
                      9G F1

Comment

Thanks guys. I have owned the 64-66 for 14 years bought it in the spring of 96 from a person in Wisconsin. It was a VERY RUSTY car. It was a lowly 6cyl, but it ran and I was young and dumb. I fixed it up as good as I could. I taught myself ALOT about welding floors in etc. I tricked out the 6 with an offenhauser tri power, headers, and a finned aluminum valve cover. I drove it and enjoyed it very much for 10 years. I let my son drive it while in highschool, as it was just a patched up rusty old car. Unfortunately he was involved in an accident that ruined all of the front sheet metal, and bent the frame. Fortunately he was not hurt. I thought about parting it out, but couldn't, it had become part of the family. It has parts from many Larks that have brought it back to life. A 62 hardtop donated the frame, rear fenders, and 259 full flow block. A 63 4 door donated its trunk pan, and 289 crankshaft,and all the bits to convert the car to automatic. Another 63 donated the doors. I put my top frames on the 63 doors. My credit card nearly melted on the engine. .040 overbore, plus all of the prieviosly mentioned mods. I bought new door panels from Dick Stienkemp. The FOM came from Ben Wenberg, the rear axle came from Bruce Bennett. I still have a lot to do. I need to keep my projects mobile, to keep me motivated, so I tear it apart to work on whatever during the winter, then throw it back together in the spring so I can drive it. Finances and time tell me I am about 2-3 years from being totally done, in the mean time I just drive it and have fun.

The 51, like I said, was Grandpa's car. He did not buy this car new, but owned it for many years. I remember as a kid thinking it was ugly. As I got older I got more respect for it. When Grandpa started declining, the only time the car was driven, was when I stopped by. He would have me drive it to the corner and back.(About 2 miles) I did a little maintanance on it too from time to time. When he passed in 2004, my father told me that the car had been willed to me. I couldn't believe it. Grandpa never gave anyone anything, unless they earned it. I guess he thought I had earned it. I think about him everytime I drive it, RIP grandpa Chris.

66 Commander R1 Clone
                        51 Commander 4dr
                        1962 Champ

51 Commander 4 door

Comment

What great cars and what a gift to a grandson. I have a granddaughter that thinks my 55 Champion is something special.I hope it will be many years from now and I would like for her to EARN it from me. You gave me alot to think about.Thanks for posting.

Comment

Working...
                          X