Dash Plaques Int'l Meets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dash Plaques Int'l Meets

Has anyone tried to put together a collection of dash plaques from the International Meets? I suspect one problem would be if none were left over after the meet it would be very hard to get an attendee to part with his plaque so a collector could complete his collection.

Yep, exactly. Unless you are someone like Larry Swanson and very few others who have been to MOST of them! [:0] [^]

StudeRich
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Herbert, A SDC friend of mine in Denver managed to purchase a framed collection just last year which he is very proud of. I guess I have around 15 of the plates from the SDC Meets I have managed to attend since 1973 till 2008.

"QUIGLEY DOWN UNDER"
      MELBOURNE.

\"QUIGLEY DOWN UNDER\"
      MELBOURNE.

Comment

I wouldn't be surprised if Gary L had one of each.

Chip
        '63 Cruiser daily driver
        '57 Packard wagon on the road!
        Chip
        '63 Cruiser
        '57 Packard wagon
        '61 Lark Regal 4 dr wagon
        '50 Commander 4 dr sedan

Comment

I would think RQ could provide a picture of most every dash plaque from the first or second IM to 2009.

I haven't seen a collection of dash plaques from all or most but I have seen a quilt that the Ozark Trails is raffling off that is made of all the International Meet T-shirts from 1980 to 2007. I will get pictures and post later. It is very neat and the workmanship is high quality.

Gary Sanders
          Nixa, MO
          President Toy Studebaker Collectors Club. Have an interest in Toy Studebakers? Contact me for details.
          Gary Sanders
          Nixa, MO

Comment

I thought it would be a fun collection to have. I've been watching eBay for them but they never seem to turn up.

Robert (Bob) Andrews- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys)
            Parish, central NY 13131

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

I have attended 34 International Meets starting with Colorado Springs 1973 and have most of the dash plaques.

Denny L

Comment

I have attended all of the meets since 1968 and have most of the plaques but have never put them all together. A "one of these days" projects.

Richard Quinn
                Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review
                Richard Quinn
                Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Comment

Just cleaned out the desk last weekend and tossed Austin and Cedar Rapids. I never had the heart to put them on a car.

57 & 58 Packards and Larks

Comment

Could I have Austin for my collection or are they already gone?

Comment

Sorry they are gone. I do have one from Omaha if someone is looking for one.

57 & 58 Packards and Larks

Comment

Working...
                      X