PDA

View Full Version : 64 Avanti with Nimesh R3 B103



289stude
01-06-2010, 04:10 PM
These things seem to be poping up more often.

http://tinyurl.com/yf7ruwa


John

62' Deluxe R2 4SPD.

63' R1 Wagonaire

57' Transtar 259 punched to 312 NP540 4:09 TT Under Construction

58' 3E6D Stock

64' (Studebaker Built) Trailer Toter

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p99/289stude/62R2-3.jpg

Guido
01-06-2010, 04:17 PM
quote:Originally posted by 289stude

These things seem to be poping up more often.
Actually I think it is a case of the same one popping up repetitively. ;)

Here is the original listing that BAMS linked to on November 1 (Topic 34466).

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Studebaker-Avanti-R-3-Restored-1964-Avanti-W-Factory-R-3-Engine-B103_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem45ef06c525QQitemZ300362941733QQptZUSQ5fCarsQ5fTr ucks

It had 17 bids and went to $36,000, but did not hit reserve. It now has a $32,000 BIN.

http://thumb14.webshots.net/t/63/663/9/36/86/2567936860097493054TXiheL_th.jpg[b]Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful" and real Studebaker horsepower lives

See pictures here: http://community.webshots.com/user/GuidoSalvage

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.

bams50
01-06-2010, 04:52 PM
Correct, Gary. You seem to have a better memory than I do. I remembered this one, but I didn't remember one earlier this week[:I]

Robert (Bob) Andrews- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys)
Parish, central NY 13131
http://www.patrioticon.org/images/flag1-1.gif
GOD BLESS AMERICA

289stude
01-06-2010, 08:54 PM
I remember an R4 avanti near Pittsburgh recently, but didn't place this one.



John

62' Deluxe R2 4SPD.

63' R1 Wagonaire

57' Transtar 259 punched to 312 NP540 4:09 TT Under Construction

58' 3E6D Stock

64' (Studebaker Built) Trailer Toter

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p99/289stude/62R2-3.jpg

Flashback
01-06-2010, 09:03 PM
Sounds like a con to me

Tex E. Grier
http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn320/Flashback53/DSC_0045-3.jpg

bams50
01-06-2010, 09:54 PM
quote:Originally posted by Flashback

Sounds like a con to me


No, it's legit. It so happens that I talked to the guy who did the body/chassis resto today. He says the owner's got well beyond $50K into it[xx(]

Robert (Bob) Andrews- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys)
Parish, central NY 13131
http://www.patrioticon.org/images/flag1-1.gif
GOD BLESS AMERICA

Avantidon
01-07-2010, 06:11 AM
This car has been on and off eBay for the past year. It has also popped up elsewhere in that time period. One just like this sold for $40K last fall in the local area. Went to Australia.

Avanti82
01-07-2010, 08:38 AM
Has anyone actually seen this car up close and personal. The seller is very vague about what has been done to the car and is unable to provide additional photos of the underside or any specific list of work done. No photos of the restoration are available.Also the interior looks shabby but it could just be poor camera work. I wonder if any of the interior has been replaced, there just are not enough facts and details about the car to warrant a bid in the $30,000 range. I have lusted after this car every since it showed up on eBay (it has PS, 4-speed and SC) but my instincts are telling me to "Run Away" from it.

Steve

Avanti82
01-07-2010, 09:03 AM
quote:Originally posted by bams50


quote:Originally posted by Flashback

Sounds like a con to me

No, it's legit. It so happens that I talked to the guy who did the body/chassis resto today. He says the owner's got well beyond $50K into it[xx(]
Robert (Bob) Andrews- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys)
Parish, central NY 13131
http://www.patrioticon.org/images/flag1-1.gif
GOD BLESS AMERICA


Bob,
I just sent you an email.

Steve

bams50
01-07-2010, 09:27 AM
Steve, won't see it till I get home from work.

Robert (Bob) Andrews- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys)
Parish, central NY 13131
http://www.patrioticon.org/images/flag1-1.gif
GOD BLESS AMERICA

Avanti82
01-07-2010, 09:32 AM
quote:Originally posted by Guido


quote:Originally posted by 289stude

These things seem to be poping up more often.
Actually I think it is a case of the same one popping up repetitively. ;)

Here is the original listing that BAMS linked to on November 1 (Topic 34466).

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Studebaker-Avanti-R-3-Restored-1964-Avanti-W-Factory-R-3-Engine-B103_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem45ef06c525QQitemZ300362941733QQptZUSQ5fCarsQ5fTr ucks

It had 17 bids and went to $36,000, but did not hit reserve. It now has a $32,000 BIN.

http://thumb14.webshots.net/t/63/663/9/36/86/2567936860097493054TXiheL_th.jpg[b]Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful" and real Studebaker horsepower lives

See pictures here: http://community.webshots.com/user/GuidoSalvage

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.


Roger that, here is where it ran 12/14

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300374258612#description

Avanti82
01-07-2010, 09:43 AM
quote:Originally posted by bams50

Steve, won't see it till I get home from work.

Robert (Bob) Andrews- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys)
Parish, central NY 13131
http://www.patrioticon.org/images/flag1-1.gif
GOD BLESS AMERICA

Thanks Bob, I was asking if you could share the contact information of the guy that did the restoration. Can't get much out of the seller.

Steve

Avanti82
01-07-2010, 12:14 PM
I was able to talk with Michael (the owner) and he seems to be a pretty nice straight forward guy. Michael bought the car after it had been painted and refurbished and he does not know who painted it.

The car was an R2 and he removed the R2 engine and replaced it with the R3, however the rear axle and suspension are still R2 and were not updated to R3 standard. The big question is how much does this affect the handling and durability of the car vs a full fledged R3 with the correct set up.

The interior is original and has not been replaced except the carpet. The car is in storage and he is unable to get additional pictures currently of the underside of the frame. There are no details on exactly what work was done on the underside of the car.

Steve

bams50
01-08-2010, 05:35 AM
I found a thread re: the engine install:

http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=13520


And a picture album:

http://s81.photobucket.com/albums/j209/mbstude/Nimesh%20R3%20Avanti/?action=view&current=DSC02167.jpg

Robert (Bob) Andrews- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys)
Parish, central NY 13131
http://www.patrioticon.org/images/flag1-1.gif
GOD BLESS AMERICA

Bill Pressler
01-08-2010, 11:15 AM
quote:Originally posted by Avanti82

I was able to talk with Michael (the owner) and he seems to be a pretty nice straight forward guy. Michael bought the car after it had been painted and refurbished and he does not know who painted it.

The car was an R2 and he removed the R2 engine and replaced it with the R3, however the rear axle and suspension are still R2 and were not updated to R3 standard. The big question is how much does this affect the handling and durability of the car vs a full fledged R3 with the correct set up.

The interior is original and has not been replaced except the carpet. The car is in storage and he is unable to get additional pictures currently of the underside of the frame. There are no details on exactly what work was done on the underside of the car.

Steve




Is the owner the famous guy on TV with the same name, from that part of NY?

Bill Pressler
Kent, OH
'63 Lark Daytona Skytop R1 (sold new by Cordell Motors, Moorhead, MN)
'64 Daytona Hardtop (sold new by Carl E. Filer Co., Greenville, PA)


http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh48/newshooter44/44320019-3.jpghttp://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh48/newshooter44/broadway_filer_oct03-1.jpghttp://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh48/newshooter44/100_0690_00-1_3.jpg

studegary
01-08-2010, 04:38 PM
quote:Originally posted by Bill Pressler


Is the owner the famous guy on TV with the same name, from that part of NY?

Bill Pressler




I had thought that it was too much of a coincidence to not be the same guy, but people that have met him have told me that it is not the same guy.

Gary L.
Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Avantidon
01-09-2010, 09:17 AM
Mike is a decent guy. Was going to bring this car to Lancaster in 08 but was not quite done. He is an AOAI member and many on Long Island know him

studeken
02-27-2010, 05:48 PM
should beworth more just because of the number of AMAZINGs in the ad. KP

Ken Pyle