Crankshaft ID

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crankshaft ID

I was going through some old parts that were going to get thrown out. I found a crank with the part # 1556444. I couldn,t find it in any of my books.
    Thanks, Gordon

I wouldn't throw that out! That is the forging number for a 1956 to 1962 'short nose' 289 crankshaft. Part number 1539111.

Dwain G.
    (We're not called 'hillbillies' any more....we're now Ozark Americans)!
    Restorations by Skip Towne

Comment

I wouldn't throw that out! That is the forging number for a 1956 to 1962 'short nose' 289 crankshaft. Part number 1539111.

Dwain G.

Comment

Thanks for the help Dwain. Sorry about the slow reply. My home computer flamed out a while back & I haven't been able to replace it yet. The guy that has the crank found it on some property that he purchased. The prior owner was a Stude guy.
        Thanks again, Gordon

Comment

Thanks for the help Dwain. Sorry about the slow reply. My home computer flamed out a while back & I haven't been able to replace it yet. The guy that has the crank found it on some property that he purchased. The prior owner was a Stude guy.
          Thanks again, Gordon

Comment

You sure about that Dwain? I'm pretty sure that's the number on the crank I have in the CH and it's a "long nose" but maybe my age is messing with me again. (crank casting number 1556444)

Ted

quote:Originally posted by Dwain G.

Dwain G.

Comment

You sure about that Dwain? I'm pretty sure that's the number on the crank I have in the CH and it's a "long nose" but maybe my age is messing with me again. (crank casting number 1556444)

Ted

Dwain G.

Comment

Ted's right. My R2 Avanti crank has the same number.
                Jake

-Home of John Studebaker-

Founded in 2002, Varozza 4x4 Outfitters has over 20 years of experience building and repairing Jeeps. We focus on stretching TJ's to LJ's on our custom jig, building custom suspension and manufacturing our vary own products to make your Jeep more capable than it has ever been. Located only 60 miles from the Rubicon Trail, we are a one stop shop to prepare your Jeep for any offroad terrain.

Comment

Ted's right. My R2 Avanti crank has the same number.
                  Jake

-Home of John Studebaker-

Founded in 2002, Varozza 4x4 Outfitters has over 20 years of experience building and repairing Jeeps. We focus on stretching TJ's to LJ's on our custom jig, building custom suspension and manufacturing our vary own products to make your Jeep more capable than it has ever been. Located only 60 miles from the Rubicon Trail, we are a one stop shop to prepare your Jeep for any offroad terrain.

Comment

Well, I thought I was sure. What then, do you show for a casting number on an early 289 crank? (part # 1539111)
                    Ted, remember when we researched all those crank casting numbers some years ago for a widow in San Diego? I got my number from some of those papers, but I know they aren't all correct because one of them shows the same casting number for 1955-64 289!

Dwain G.

Comment

Well, I thought I was sure. What then, do you show for a casting number on an early 289 crank? (part # 1539111)
                      Ted, remember when we researched all those crank casting numbers some years ago for a widow in San Diego? I got my number from some of those papers, but I know they aren't all correct because one of them shows the same casting number for 1955-64 289!

Dwain G.

Comment

You're memory is a LOT better than mine Dwain. I don't recall that. I have crank numbers but don't know the years they were for. I just thought I remembered the one in the CH ending with 444 and it is a long nose. Looking in the parts book, I would guess the 444 part number is 1556929.

Ted

Dwain G.

Comment

You're memory is a LOT better than mine Dwain. I don't recall that. I have crank numbers but don't know the years they were for. I just thought I remembered the one in the CH ending with 444 and it is a long nose. Looking in the parts book, I would guess the 444 part number is 1556929.

Ted

Dwain G.

Comment

Working...
                          X