PDA

View Full Version : On the road again!

Invalid User Name
01-02-2010, 07:20 PM
I got the fuel pump in and working. I got the new brakes in and working but still need more bleeding to make right. I put the new sticker on the license plate and took off. I didn't get very far before the engine died. I pulled over and looked under the hood. Everything was nice and dry, no gas leaks. I started it again and took off for a couple of minutes. It died again. I was pretty sure that it was the gas. I started it again and drove home. I guess since the last time I put gas in it was 2004, the gas has gone bad. In fact I was surprised it even ran on that old gas. So, this week will be spent dropping the tank and cleaning it out. I probably will run new lines to the fuel pump while I'm at it. I'm not discouraged, in fact I'm pretty happy. After sitting as long as the car did, it could have had a frozen engine.

Doug
Venice, Florida
1950 Champion
9G F1
http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m15/w4jdz/Stu-1.jpg

warrlaw1
01-02-2010, 07:46 PM
Wow. That gas turned six years old, yesterday.

MyStude_Baker
01-02-2010, 07:54 PM
Good luck with the gas tank cleaning. It took my radiator shop three months to clean mine out. It had twenty years of bad sludge gas build up. I don't think it could get much worse than that.

1951 Commander Land cruiser