Model "N"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Model "N"

Does anybody have any photos of this prototype (from the proving grounds) and any other info they could share about it? It got my attetion and one of my winter hobbies is building model cars, thought a model "N" would be a cool one off touch.

Chris Dresbach
    Chris Dresbach

Craig

Comment

I like the front end of the top pic, but not particularly the side. Looks heavy to me.

A couple of the smaller pics look nice, too.

I like the bulletnose treatment in the second pic very much. I think the grill line would look better with horizontal lines instead of the vertical, though.

'50 Champion, 1 family owner

Comment

There was a good article in TW on the model N not too many years ago. Somebody jump in here with the issue number...

Comment

Xtopher, look at the top of the picture and you will see that the father of your boss (Ed Reynolds) is the person who snapped some of these photos! Small world.

1949 2R17
          R is for Rusty

In the middle of Minnesota
          sigpic
          In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

Hmn... Need a 1:18 '51 Commander that is junk, parts of a '53 in 1:18 scale, my dremel, a pop can, <s>a</s> many FULL pop <s>can</s> cans... My mind is working... Ed Reynolds! I need to buy some out of the box messed up model cars from you before the move is over!!! Speaking of E.T. Reynolds, Ed did show me where his dad's office would have been when he showed me the rest of the building. The only office I can't figure out is one right up at the top of the "fancy" stairs at the front of the building. Ill explain later, or ask Ed.

Chris Dresbach
            Chris Dresbach

Comment

After further looking at the photos, is it just my eyes or is it badged as a champion[?] Also looks like they took the "swoosh" in the doors from a '53 (ya know, the inset styling feature) and flipped it upside down. Did they ever make a starlight version of it[?] I thought I remember seeing a photo from the proving grounds bone yard that showed just the roof, it was titled "model N" and it was a starlight, but the trim pieces in between the window glass were wider.[?]

Chris Dresbach
              Chris Dresbach

Comment

I envy you Xtopher for getting a tour of the building and getting to work there. I suppose Ed was in there as a child when his dad worked in there. I bet he has lots of good stories to tell. Enjoy your last two days of being a Studebaker employee.

1949 2R17
                R is for Rusty

sigpic

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Milaca

I envy you Xtopher for getting a tour of the building and getting to work there. I suppose Ed was in there as a child when his dad worked in there. I bet he has lots of good stories to tell. Enjoy your last two days of being a Studebaker employee.

1949 2R17
                  R is for Rusty

Well, yes and no... Tomorrow is my last day and we aren't working friday, but I can go work there when ever I have time out of school.

Chris Dresbach
                  Chris Dresbach

Comment

Thats cool! How many tractor-trailer loads of Studebaker treasure have been shipped out now?

1949 2R17
                    R is for Rusty

sigpic

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Milaca

Thats cool! How many tractor-trailer loads of Studebaker treasure have been shipped out now?

1949 2R17
                      R is for Rusty

Well over 110.

Chris Dresbach
                      Chris Dresbach

Comment

...Also looks like a '51 bullet nose on the "N"[?]

Chris Dresbach
                        Chris Dresbach

Comment

And does that one bullet nose have a light in the center of the nose[?]

Chris Dresbach
                          Chris Dresbach

Comment

It's interesting to see the Ford sitting in the backgound in picture 2. Researching the competition?

Doug
                            Venice, Florida
                            1950 Champion
                            9G F1

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Invalid User Name

It's interesting to see the Ford sitting in the backgound in picture 2. Researching the competition?

Doug
                              Venice, Florida
                              1950 Champion
                              9G F1
                              Studebaker did that quit often, buy a competetors car, and disect it. I'm just not sure what they did with the brand X when they were done with it[?]

Chris Dresbach
                              Chris Dresbach

Comment

Working...
                              X