Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grand National Roadster Show--who's going?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grand National Roadster Show--who's going?

The Grand National Roadster Show is coming up at the end of January. I just found out that my '56 F4 Champion Hot Rod was accepted and will be in the show. It might be one of the lower-buck cars in the show, but I guarantee you it will be the ONLY one of it's kind there!
    They seemed pretty happy to have somethiing "different"--not just another Chevy or Ford and they were really happy it was Stude "R1" powered!

Now I just need to finish the darn thing! Not much left to do--a couple of minor wiring issues and some detailing!

Now who is planning on being there? It's in Pomona at the fairgrounds from Jan. 29-31. They haven't told me what building yet--I was assuming it would be in the "Suede Palace" tent, but they told be that they want this one inside with the "nice" cars. LOL!

Congratulations Alan thats great news.

Mabel 1949 Champion
    Hawk 1957 Silverhawk
    Gus 1958 Transtar
    The Prez 1955 President State
    Blu 1957 Golden Hawk
    Daisy 1954 Regal Commander Starlight Coupe
    Fresno,Ca
    Mabel 1949 Champion
    Hawk 1957 Silverhawk
    Gus 1958 Transtar
    The Prez 1955 President State
    Blu 1957 Golden Hawk
    Daisy 1954 Regal Commander Starlight Coupe
    Fresno,Ca

Comment

Congrats Alan

An invite to the GNRS says a ton about the quality of the car.[8D]

Judy and I went last year and can highly recommend the show if you have never attended.

Bob

Comment

Huge Congrats, Allan. That is a very big honor. I was there last year and it's quite a show. Good luck and thanks for representing our beloved marque.

Comment

I missed it last year, but I'm bound and determined to go this year - I'll be there!

Scott Rodgers
          Los Angeles
          SDC Member since 1989
          '60 Lark HT
          '63 Wagonaire
          '66 Frankenbaker
          Scott Rodgers
          Los Angeles
          SDC Member since 1989
          \'60 Lark HT
          \'63 Wagonaire
          \'66 Frankenbaker

Comment

Congratulations.What a honor!
            Mono mind in a stereo world

Comment

Congratulations, Allan! [8D]

It was one of the high points of my car life last year. You will have a blast!

I'll be in California then and will try to make it down to Pomona. I'd love to see your car in person. Post some recent pictures of it.

The Suede Palace is actually a real building...not a tent, and it is where all the evening fun occurs. Live bands, etc.

Dick Steinkamp
              Bellingham, WA

Dick Steinkamp
              Bellingham, WA

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Dick Steinkamp

Congratulations, Allan! [8D]

It was one of the high points of my car life last year. You will have a blast!

I'll be in California then and will try to make it down to Pomona. I'd love to see your car in person. Post some recent pictures of it.

The Suede Palace is actually a real building...not a tent, and it is where all the evening fun occurs. Live bands, etc.

Dick Steinkamp
                Bellingham, WA

Should be lots of fun. Don't have any decent pics yet, but will soon! The asked me if I wanted carpeting and I had to laugh! Do you think I should have some sort of infomatiion poster made up so that people know what they're looking at? Or would that be a dumb idea?

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Allan Songer

Should be lots of fun. Don't have any decent pics yet, but will soon! The asked me if I wanted carpeting and I had to laugh! Do you think I should have some sort of infomatiion poster made up so that people know what they're looking at? Or would that be a dumb idea?

I think the poster is a very good idea. Here's the one I used when my Starliner was in the GNRS in 2000...

Here's the ones I used last year with the Ute...

Besides describing some of the details of the car and thanking those that were instrumental in its creation, it gives you a chance to tell a "story" about the uniqueness of it.

The carpet might actually be a good idea. I used it in 2000, but not last year. It all depends on the "look" you are going for with your display. Angel hair rocks! [8D]

Dick Steinkamp
                  Bellingham, WA

Dick Steinkamp
                  Bellingham, WA

Comment

We went last year and might go again , we had fun and look forward to another one...Bob

Bob Peterson / C & B Studebakers

Castro Valley, CA
                    canbstudebakers-
                    Candbstudebakers
                    Castro Valley,
                    California

Comment

Great news, Allan. Congratulations. I wish it wasn't 3000 miles away. I would love to go and check out the GN Roadster show. Maybe you can work out an article for Turning Wheels.

Joe Roberts
                      '61 R1 Champ
                      '65 Cruiser
                      Editor of "The Down Easterner"
                      Eastern North Carolina Chapter
                      Joe Roberts
                      '61 R1 Champ
                      '65 Cruiser
                      Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

A couple of pics. These were taken around Halloween, but they are the best ones I have at the moment . . .

Comment

/Cut/Do you think I should have some sort of infomatiion poster made up so that people know what they're looking at? Or would that be a dumb idea?
                          Not at all! It's a GREAT idea Allan, who would know that an 'ol '56 Stude. Champion had Corvette 4 wheel Discs., traction bars, a rear stabilizer, a Heavy Duty '83 Avanti II front stabilizer bar, a 250+ HP Avanti engine with a gear driven, high lift cam, solid lifters and a heavy duty T-85 3 speed Overdrive? [?]

Look'in good, Allan! []

StudeRich
                          StudeRich
                          Second Generation Stude Driver,
                          Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

quote:Originally posted by StudeRich

/Cut/Do you think I should have some sort of infomatiion poster made up so that people know what they're looking at? Or would that be a dumb idea?
                            Not at all! It's a GREAT idea Allan, who would know that an 'ol '56 Stude. Champion had Corvette 4 wheel Discs., traction bars, a rear stabilizer, a Heavy Duty '83 Avanti II front stabilizer bar, a 250+ HP Avanti engine with a gear driven, high lift cam, solid lifters and a heavy duty T-85 3 speed Overdrive? [?]

Look'in good, Allan! []

StudeRich
                            If you ever find that NOS grill piece I am still interested! The one on this car was pretty bady pitted and even with a $220 rechrome job it's not up to the level of the rest of the car.

And thanks for the kind words. I set out to build a funky hotrod and ended up with the world's nicest 1956 Studebaker sedan. Mission creep . . .

Comment

Beautiful, Allan! [8D] []

Black is just right on it.

Dick Steinkamp
                              Bellingham, WA

Dick Steinkamp
                              Bellingham, WA

Comment

Working...
                              X