Let's pledge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's pledge

Sometimes I have a few free minutes during the day and like to jump on this forum to stay current and see what everybody else is doing. Most of the time I can't get on or it is so slow that I only get to read one thread. When I post I keep getting "timed out".

I'm tired of this so I will be the first one to pledge $50 to help offset the cost of getting a new server. Is there anyone else that will join in? We can do like other sites do and acknowledge the contributers under their names. If enough people will pledge we should be able to make life much easier for our administrator.

Doug
    Venice, Florida
    1950 Champion
    9G F1

I think we should leave this issue for the board of directors and Bob Shaw to decide how to resolve these issues with the forum. If they ask for donations, then we can contribute. If you want quick reaction to the matter, you need to contact the president of your local club and the president of the national club.

1949 2R17
    R is for Rusty

In the middle of Minnesota
    sigpic
    In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

Doug, you aren't alone with your lament. But Bob seems to think it's the software - not the server. I say we give him tome to sort it out.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
      1963 Cruiser
      1960 Larkvertible V8
      1958 Provincial wagon
      1953 Commander coupe
      1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

I also seem to remember that Biggs is correct in that Bob Shaw was pretty certain that it is a software issue and stated so in the last post on this issue.

I would also help but I'm all for waiting for Bob to complete his quest.

In spite of what I've heard on the forum my access has improved over the last month or so. My internet pipe is however a very large one so (I believe)only the site would be my rate limiting factor. It does time-out at times but way less than before.

Bob

Comment

I'm not trying to put anybody down here. I just wanted to see if others would be willing to or even had the desire to pay for improvements. In the past it has helped our kayaking club tremendously. We now have super fast access because we contribute and don't make one person or group shoulder the cost. If the admin wants to delete this thread it is ok with me. I was just trying to see what the feeling was here.

Doug
          Venice, Florida
          1950 Champion
          9G F1

Comment

Sorry I misunderstood you Doug. I would be willing to contribute Funds For Fixing Forum Frustrations.

1949 2R17
            R is for Rusty

In the middle of Minnesota
            sigpic
            In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

I am also willing, but intend to follow Mr. Shaw's requests. He has said that there isn't anything to be done until the Board meets and discusses this issue. He projected that this would possibly happen in the spring. He has knowledge, plans, and an inside track to accomplish what he knows needs to be done.

'50 Champion, 1 family owner

Comment

Open message to the SDC Board Members:

I for one would sure like to hear your individual comments/concerns and hopefully support for upgrading the SDC Forum software. I believe the only Board member we see post with any regularity is Skip Lackie. Are there other Board members participating (openly or lurking) on this forum?

Paul
                Winston-Salem, NC
                Visit The NEW Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com
                Paul
                Winston-Salem, NC
                Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com
                Check out my YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/user/r1lark

Comment

Open message to the SDC Board Members:

I for one would sure like to hear your individual comments/concerns and hopefully support for upgrading the SDC Forum software. I believe the only Board member we see post with any regularity is Skip Lackie. Are there other Board members participating (openly or lurking) on this forum?

Note added via edit: After the 'Submit' button was clicked on the original message, the dreaded timeout appeared. Using the refresh caused two posts. Just a real-time example of the current problems.

Paul
                  Winston-Salem, NC
                  Visit The NEW Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com
                  Paul
                  Winston-Salem, NC
                  Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com
                  Check out my YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/user/r1lark

Comment

I for one would sure like to hear your individual comments/concerns and hopefully support for upgrading the SDC Forum software. I believe the only Board member we see post with any regularity is Skip Lackie. Are there other Board members participating (openly or lurking) on this forum-------- this forum thingy sucks--------- hope it gets fixed soon or I'd be willing to kick in a few bucks or become a member X2. jimmijim

Stude Junkie+++++++Do it right the f$$$$ Time. Never mind. Just do it right. When youre done your done. You'll know it.
                    sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

This has been discussed repeatedly; there is a forum specifically for it. Bob Shaw said this on 12/11:

As I've stated repeatedly, money is not the main issue. Please go to the SDC & Forum Discussion forum and review what I've written on this at various times. Thanks.

I did the bold type for emphasis.

See the correct forum here:

Robert (Bob) Andrews- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys)
                      Parish, central NY 13131

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

I have never had trouble logging on or getting quick response.
                        Never timed out or any other problems you guys are taking about.
                        Maybe the West has better reception or something?
                        Better weather anyways!
                        Brian

Brian Woods
                        woodysrods@shaw.ca
                        1946 M Series (Shop Truck)
                        Brian Woods
                        woodysrods@shaw.ca
                        1946 M Series (Shop Truck)

Comment

It has NOTHING to do with the West. I live 40 miles north of
                          Woodysrod and I get timeouts constantly. I am on the Board and
                          I will phone Mr. Shaw and whoever else I need to in order to
                          get moving on this.

Comment

What Browser are you using? Mozilla Firefox is much better than internet Explorer but if you use IE be sure you have the latest upgrade.

Since I started using Firefox the forum snaps up lighting fast with no issues at all.

Steve

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Avanti82

What Browser are you using? Mozilla Firefox is much better than internet Explorer but if you use IE be sure you have the latest upgrade.

Since I started using Firefox the forum snaps up lighting fast with no issues at all.

Steve
                              I wondered what everyone was talking about, but I'm using Firefox and have been since day one.

JDP/Maryland
                              JDP Maryland

Comment

Working...
                              X