Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you do when the turkey runs out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you do when the turkey runs out?

John's mom and dad were both able to come stay with our family for the Christmas weekend, which was a complete blast. But what do you do the day after Christmas when the turkey runs out and the noise from all the kids' new toys is about to drive everyone crazy? Why, pack everyone up in the Studebakers and head down to a local cruise-in, of course!

John's dad rode with Tracy and the kids in George the '57 President Classic. He took this picture out the back window of John driving with his mom in the '55 C-cab truck.

Tracy's not sure whether John directed her to park in the spot she did because a) It was right next to a Bel Air (not shown), which was her dream car growing up, or b) He was hoping she'd pull up far enough that the storm drain would make any of George's oil leaks "disappear."

It was a cold evening, so the kids bundled up in their blankets and the adults huddled around over our coffee. (Now you know why we live in Arizona...it was in the low 50's and we were all freezing!)

As usual, the truck got more attention, but both cars were very well received. There was another car show nearby, so the cruise-in was a little smaller than usual.

We were excited when this Silver Hawk showed up. It's always great to see Studebakers represented. We also talked to several other Studebaker owners and invited everyone to the International Meet here in Arizona this coming year.

Another shot of the Silver Hawk with a bit of a sunset in the background.

Proud Tracy with George. Two young girls had their mom take their picture in front of him and just made her night!

Our daughter Jillian and her stuffed lamb spent some time waving to people walking by.

Jilly loves her GD and is happy to hang out with him and talk Studebakers. Or ponies. Or puppies...

On the way home from the cruise-in, we stopped in front of a house in the neighborhood to take a picture with the light display. The owner of the house, bless his heart, very kindly suggested that we would get a better picture of the lights if we moved our cars out of the way first....

We somehow managed to convince the homeowner that we wanted a picture of the cars WITH the lights (although he did shake his head in confusion.) It was a festive way to end a fun-filled family evening!

John and Tracy Smith
    Queen Creek Arizona

[IMG]

Thanks for the great pics John. It's great that you and the family can share times like this. Happy New Year ...

<div align="left">John</div id="left">

<div align="left">'63 Avanti, R1, Auto, AC, PW (under restoration)</div id="left">
    sigpic
    John
    63R-2386
    Resto-Mod by Michael Myer

Comment

I hate to admit this...but since I avoid eating turkey every chance I get...it didn't register in my pea size brain that you were talking about not having anymore turkey to eat. When I first read your topic title...I imagined a turkey escaping by running out of the building! (Sheesh! I gotta get a grip on this wild imagination!)

However, I really did enjoy your family pictures showing everybody with smiling faces! Looks like every one had a great time and you have memories for a lifetime. I drove a couple of my Studebakers to Church, family visits, and a couple of stores this past week.

You folks manage your camera very well and I look forward to your posts.

John Clary
      Greer, SC

Life... is what happens as you are making plans.
      SDC member since 1975
      John Clary
      Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Looks like a good time was had by all.Thanks for posting.
        Mono mind in a stereo world

Comment

Great pictures and update on the family outing! Having a car show to go to this time of year would be a dream for many of us. Thanks for sharing. Low 50s?..ohhhhh, burrrrr.

Comment

John & Tracy Looks like you guys had a great time we Thank you for sharing such Fantastic Pictures. I just love the stories also. I'm looking forward to meeting the whole family when the Goodman's come to town for the Glendale Meet.

Mabel 1949 Champion
            Hawk 1957 Silverhawk
            Gus 1958 Transtar
            The Prez 1955 President State
            Blu 1957 Golden Hawk
            Daisy 1954 Regal Commander Starlight Coupe
            Fresno,Ca
            Mabel 1949 Champion
            Hawk 1957 Silverhawk
            Gus 1958 Transtar
            The Prez 1955 President State
            Blu 1957 Golden Hawk
            Daisy 1954 Regal Commander Starlight Coupe
            Fresno,Ca

Comment

Great pics but I had to giggle at the pic of the kids under the blanket in the low 50's as I sit here listening to the furnace run for the umpteenth time because it is in the mid 20's outside with a nice wind blowing.Ah winter....

Comment

Great pictures, J&T! Thanks, and Happy New Year!

Oh, and to answer your original question- we go and get another for New Year's Eve[]

Robert (Bob) Andrews- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys)
                Parish, central NY 13131

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

What a wounderful Studebaker story,thanks for shareing.

Comment

It sure is great to see an entire family enjoying the Studebaker fun. This is great.

Doug
                    Venice, Florida
                    1950 Champion
                    9G F1

Comment

What a great time. Thanks for sharing it with us. Great pics as usual, John.
                      Gotta love the kids all bundled up and still having a good time.

Joe Roberts
                      '61 R1 Champ
                      '65 Cruiser
                      Editor of "The Down Easterner"
                      Eastern North Carolina Chapter
                      Joe Roberts
                      '61 R1 Champ
                      '65 Cruiser
                      Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

Well, everyone else has already said it. Great, wonderful, happy, family, cars, kids.

I could stand being adopted.

'50 Champion, 1 family owner

Comment

Great clean family fun and enjoying it with your Studebakers

Tom
                          sigpic

Comment

Well, I'd send the rooster to find her.

Looks like a good time was had by all. Have a Happy New Year!

[img=left]http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j259/stude53/studesmall2.jpg[/img=left]Bob Feaganes (stude53)
                            53 Starliner Hardtop
                            Newton Grove, NC

Comment

I have to agree with all the comments above, beautiful pictures. Your happiness just seems so apparent. And I want you to know I feel your discomfort with the cold (frigid?) weather. Here in south Florida we dress like that if its in the 60s.

Don

Comment

Working...
                              X